Noise and Suspension of Lybra

Manolis

Noise and Suspension of Lybra

Unread post by Manolis »

I would like your opinion about the suspension of Lybra.
I have the 1.8 LX (2000 model), I have covered 75.000 kms and I am not happy from the reliability of suspension in the damping of vibrations.

The anti-roll bar was changed in the 45.000 kms, because it presented intense noises in the cold time. I observed that anti-roll bar rod was plastic!! while the new is metal. In the 45.0000 kms, I changed also the absorbers (with factorial because guarantee) – the absorbers is from BOGE - but after 20.000 kms, again, intense vibrations from the suspension (on both axes)

It appears that various elastik-plastik parts of the suspension they have very small duration of life and unfortunately do not exist as parts but only that as total
(truck control arms, anti-roll bar, longitudinal arm, crossmember).

The Monroe proposes in each change of absorbers be changed all
the rubbers (on absorbers and the springs) to prevent noise during operation.

I tried to find any information about this problem from the Italian
forum of viva-Lancia but it did not stand possible because the robotic translation from Italy to English was very bad!

Happy New Year to all

Manolis
Hellas (Greece).
Philip

Re: Noise and Suspension of Lybra

Unread post by Philip »

Yia sou Manoli,

prepei na archisoume ena ' message board' sta ellinika nomizo...

I also notice a nose in the suspension of my Lybra 2.0 Station Wagon (also year 2000 model with 64000km now) when the weather is very cold; but it stops when the cars has warmed up...I told it to my garage but they told me that everything was correct; it is an annoying knocking sound tyhat I only hear in winter when its below 5 degrees or so. I haven't had any parts changed.

kali tyxh...kai xronia polla!

Philip
Manolis

Unread post by Manolis »

The anti-roll bar has divided in two parts:

The main anti-roll bar and the anti-roll bar rod (support the main anti-roll bar with the absorber).

There are two bushes on anti-roll bar rod. The one is at the join with abosorber and the other one is at the join with main anti-roll bar.

It seems that the durability of these bushes are not very good!!!

Also the old anti-roll bar rod (model 2000) was made from plastic, thus the new anti-roll bar rod (model >2000 or >2001) is made from metal....

It cause noises, special in cold weather (under 5 C) and usually disappear when the weather is warm!

There is a solution for this problem according to a friend from Italy...

I still his answer for that....
Manolis

Unread post by Manolis »

Finaly, the problem is from two major bushes of frontal anti-roll bar.

These bushes are very soft and has no good durability (must changed every 20.000-30.000Km)

The only solution is an adaptation of anti-roll bush.

An Italian friend says, that his solution is to put a metal plate of 3mm into every anti-roll bar bush...(between bush and support, under of bush)

Of cource the best solution is other bushes from polyurethane. The Poweflex company in England (www.powerflex.co.uk) makes bushes from polyurethane but no for Lybra, only for Integrale!

We must sent (every one of us, with Lybras car) an interesting e-mail about this problem, to this company.

A lot of e-mails are a major factor to "push" the powerflex to makes bushes for Lybra!!!

Powerflex E-mail: sales@powerflex.co.uk
Antonio J. de Oliveira

Unread post by Antonio J. de Oliveira »

What is the VIN for your Lybra? I will try to know if any mods were published afterwards. I may run into the same problem, cause my Lybra is a 2000 one as well, that was parked with 0km at the importer since then. I bought it from them because it was new and the 2.0 model is not sold any more here. It is clearly not a popular model :o). Does yours have the 4mm-thick glass already? Mine is #3639.

Ciao

Antonio
Manolis

Unread post by Manolis »

Ciao, Antonio again!

The VIN... where is that? I don't understand about this...

The solution for anti-roll bar (posterior) probably is very simple with the "Italian panent"...

Which glass or glasses are 4mm thick?

Manolis

Return to “45 Lybra”