Timing-belt

JJ

Timing-belt

Unread post by JJ »

Hello,
I need some more information about Lancia Lybra.
How often you have to change timing-belt for bensin models ?
And is it expensive to do ? Example for Marea 155 HGT it costs bout 1000 eur in Finland !
Manolis Lemontzoglou

Re: Timing-belt

Unread post by Manolis Lemontzoglou »

The manufactor says that the timing belt (all versions) must be changed every 120.000Km. The dealers in Greece says that the timing belt must be changed every 60.000Km!!!

The true is, that the timing belt must be changed every 120.000Km with the two tensioners (fixed tensioner, moving tensioner) or every 3 years for heavy usage (cold climates, town driving with long idling stops, dusty areas) or every 5 years irrespective of the mileage.

For the Lancia Lybra 1.8 the cost for this is about 160 euro (without technician work)

You must Know for the Lybra 1.8 every 120.000Km must be changed and the poly V accessoires drive belt (total cost about 210 euro without tecnician work).
JJ

Unread post by JJ »

The engine sizes seems just same than Fiat Mareas 1.6,1.8 and 2.0. Do you know is there same engine in Lybra than Fiat have ?
In Finland manufactor changed timing-belt intervals 120.000km/6years -> 60.000/3years in january 2000 for those Mareas engines. I think that changed is now all over Europe.
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

I believe that the 1.8 l in the Lybra is the same engine as in the Fiat Barchetta, altough, differently tuned. I don't know whether this is the same engine as in the Marea.
Arjan

Unread post by Arjan »

Could it be the Marea 155 HGt has the 2.0l, 5 cylinder engine?
I've been told that changing the timing belt in my 2.0 Lybra is easier (and therefore less expensive) than in a Marea, because in the Marea, the engine has to be taken out completely to be able to access the time-belt.
Whereas in the Lybra you can ''simply'' leave it in, since there's more room in the engine bay.
Intervals here in Holland are set for 3 years or 60.000 km,due to the comparatively short trips we make as well as the slow-speed trafficjam strain.
All the above info was given by a Fiat/Lancia mechanic at the local dealership.
Arjan
Emil

Unread post by Emil »

The marea 1.8 indeed hasn't the same engine as the barchetta/lybra. The 1.8 in the fiat has 113 hp, the other has 130 hp.

The 2.0 in the marea is the same engine as in the lybra (I have the marea and recently I have bought the lybra, both 2.0 5-cylinder).

By the way, I would expect that the cost of replacing the timing-belt is equal for both cars, because they have the same floorpan (fiat tipo), and therefore the same room in the engine bay. But perhaps there are some differences? When I see my Lybra, I will look at it.
JJ

Unread post by JJ »

Ok, maybe I should buy used Lybra with 2.0L engine. Does anybody know where in middle Europe are lowest prices ? www.milano.nl ? Or somewhere in Germany / Luxemburg?
Simon

Unread post by Simon »

JJ,

2 website you can look at are www.mobile.de and www.autosupermarket.it. The first is a German site but deals with all european countries the second is an italian based site

Simon

England
Iceman

Unread post by Iceman »

Well Emil, have you already get your 2.0 Lybra and how's the engine ? Have you asked from your dealer is it big work to change the timing-belt and tensioners ?
I think the floorplan is same than Alfa 156 have, but I'm not sure.
Jarek

Unread post by Jarek »

Terve,

Did you buy finaly your Lybra ? Please let me know !

Best regards, Jarek
Jyväskylä/FIN

Return to “45 Lybra”