Refreshend Lybra?

Nicola

Refreshend Lybra?

Unread post by Nicola »

Does anyone know if the Lybra will get refreshend soon or when? With the rest of the Lancia range being refreshend or redone (as well as the rest of Fiat Auto), I was wondering if the Lybra will get attention soon? Any news or feedback?
Haavard

Re: Refreshend Lybra?

Unread post by Haavard »

According to www.italiaspeed.com there won't be any facelifts or similar before the lybra will be replaced by Lancia Medea. I don't know how reliable this information is, but they are usually pretty accorate. Do you own a lybra? I have a 2000 model 1.8 lx sw. Great car!
Nicola

Unread post by Nicola »

Thanks Haavard for the info. So it's not going to be refreshend? Do you know what this new Medea model will look like or when it will debut? Is it going to be a saloon/estate like the Lybra? Just wondering. Do you know where to get some pics?

I don't own a Lybra --- Unfortunately, I live in the States and Lancia hasn't made it back here yet. I'm hoping that shortly after Alfa Romeo makes it back here in 2007, that Lancia will also come back. I've been reading a numberr of things lately that state Lancia will be reintroduced in the UK and other European countries within the next few years. Shortly after, they will attempt to enter markets in East Asian and North America after they fill out their product portfolio. I just hope they actually do it and get back to the States. Thanks again for the info!
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

Hello Nicola.

Actually you are in many ways in the same situation as I am. Lancia is currently not being imported to Norway through any official dealership. I had to import my lybra from Germany.

As for the Medea, not much information exists. Italiaspeed.com says that the medea will be launched in 2005, and that it will be built on GMs Epsilion platform. Cheque out the information on www.ialiaspeed.com and click on "new models".

I don't know how reliable this information is, but it seems pretty serious.

By the way, where in the US do you live? I studied in San Diego for one semester. Great city!!
Nicola

Unread post by Nicola »

Dear Haavard,

So I guess I will have to wait awhile huh? Oh well. I go to ItaliaSpeed all the time, they've got some great stuff on that site, lots of industry and racing news. I'm just curious since I'd love for Lancia to come back to the States (and elsewhere) after 2008 with some great products.

I live in New Jersey. Have you ever been here? I never visited San Diego, but have a friend who is currently going to law school there. He says he LOVES it and is seriously thinking of staying there after he graduates rather than coming home to Jersey. So I guess he must think its a great city, just as you do. Get to the States often?
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

Wow,
I went to law school there too.....California Western School of Law. Took my electives there completing my norwegian law degree.
I can't say I get to the States often since I've only been there twice. Once on vacation (Atlanta, New Orleans, LA, Washington and finally New York). Didn't go to New Jersey though. And then once for studies (Atlanta - where I worked for my uncle who lives there, and then San Diego for studies in the fall).

By the way, did you se the information italiaspeed have on the forthcoming Medea? I said to you to click on "new models" but "future models" is actually where you'll find it.

Haavard
Nicola

Unread post by Nicola »

My friend is attending Thomas Jefferson Law School in San Diego, but it's funny that it's the same city. I myself hope to apply to law school for next September, but will stay in the NY Metro area..probably Seton Hall or Rutgers School of Law-Newark. But right now I'm more concerned with trying to study for my LSATs so that I can get into law school. What kind of law do you practice in Norway?

I did check out that info on Italiaspeed.com. Some good insight, but reveals very little outside of that fact that it will be unveiled in 2005 "Replaces Lybra mid-size saloon. Based on GM 'Epsilion' platform. Will spawn Sportwagon & Integrale versions". So I guess we'll have to wait, huh? I just hope it's a great car and they get it back to the States by the end of the decade!!
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

I work for the Norwegian Association of Consulting Engineers as a legal advisor. I work primarly with contract, construction and procurement law. The work is really interesting.

I am dreaming of the new Medea, which I have great expectations for. If it is anything like the Granturismo Stilnovo design, it is going to be great. And a Integrale version with plenty of power would be fantastic. I cant't wait.

Good luck with your LSAT!
Nicola

Unread post by Nicola »

I can't wait to see the Medea myself. Just out curiosity, is "Medea" a Greek letter too? I know awhile back Lancia decided to forgo the use of Roman Roads as names for their cars and went with the Greek Alphabet instead. Is it a Greek letter or something else?

Thank you Haavard for your good luck wishes!! Though I feel I'm a good student, I must admit that I'm a horrible test taker, so I will need all the luck I can get!! It is much appreciated.

Nicola

P.S. - Any advice for an aspiring Lawyer?
Philip Djaferis

Unread post by Philip Djaferis »

Greetoings from a Lancia Lybra 2.0LX Station Wagon owner in Switzerland.

This is my third Lancia after a Prisma and a Thema Turbo SW...my father owned two Fulvias from 1968 and 1970...the 1970 one was running till recently...in Cyprus.

the Lybra is the finest and best made...Here is some mythological background about Medea for you!

------------------------------------
Medea has been called daughter of Hecate; for she served this goddess as her priestess, but otherwise her mother is said to be Idyia, one of the OCEANIDS.

Her father Aeetes, who had been king of Ephyraea (Corinth) before he emigrated to Colchis, was brother of Pasiphae, the wife of King Minos 2 of Crete, and of the witch Circe. And while the latter lived in the island of Aeaea in the Mediterranean, Aeetes ruled in the city of Aea in Colchis.
-----------------------------------

It would be amazing if Fiat decided to bring Lancia back to the USA...they have been not bold enough with the brand and have subordinated it to Alfa Romeo...no more Integrales and no more HF versions; I have been begging for a nore powerful Lybra but no one is listening...

You're welcome to visit us here in Europe and savour our Lancias...mine has also been totally reliable after nearly 60,000kms; never needed to have anything fixed exept for light bulbs...who needs a Toyota?

greetings to all!

Return to “45 Lybra”