Mirror glass removal

dnapekko

Mirror glass removal

Unread post by dnapekko »

Hello everyone. I am in process to change left mirror glass, original started to look strange. I already tried to remove it, but it did not agree with me. Is there a trick, or just enough power needed ?
dnapekko

Re: Mirror glass removal

Unread post by dnapekko »

The glass was stuck very hard, and I examined easier solution: As my Thesis was equipped with self-darkening outside mirrors, the mirror had two glasses and a liquid between them. The liquid started to flow down, and the mirror became unusable. I removed the rubber packing and outer glass, and cleaned the bottom glass. Result become perfect. So obviously photochromatic mirrors do not last forever, about 20 years only.
MerleFord

Re: Mirror glass removal

Unread post by MerleFord »

dnapekko wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 10:57 The glass was stuck very hard, and I examined easier solution: As my Thesis was equipped with self-darkening outside mirrors, the mirror had two glasses and a liquid between them. The liquid started to flow down, and the mirror became unusable. I removed the rubber packing and outer glass, and cleaned the bottom glass. Result become perfect. So obviously photochromatic mirrors do not last forever, about 20 years only.
Great! I am also stuck in this case fortunately you mentioned. Thank you very much
TECHZAPK is not just a platform, but a mission, information we want everyone to be able to access minimal applications easily.

Return to “40 Thesis”