Berlina 2.8-project

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
LanciaFin

Re: Berlina 2.8-project

Unread post by LanciaFin »

I think it won't be that big issue to pull the wires back, but now the issue is, that they are like they were glued inside the tube - no movement to either direction, not even slightest. Maybe I'll try with compressed air, there may be loose rust and dirt blocking them in place, unless someone with more experience can advice something better.

No pictures yet, but I can tell you that it is not a pretty sight. ;) All internal structures are gone from bottom to top of the sill, it was just patched on the surfaces, and quite badly. The rearmost connection of the auxiliary frame had been repaired for roadworthiness inspection so, that piece of sheet metal was hammered under the bushing, and "welding seams" were fabricated with sealing compound. It won't be much fun to fix that properly in my cramped garage. :) So, the supports are pretty much completely gone, there's practically nothing left to patch, and new ones will need to be made.

The "center wall" of the sill will be renewed from the middle of front seat to the front wheel, and some 20-25cm from the rear, so the tube will not be removed. The ancient Tectyl-treatment has saved a lot where the dirt was not accumulated.
FL30

Unread post by FL30 »

Hubert
LanciaFin

Damned, now I see that there was supposed to be an additional beading on the floor pan under the sill - the original sheet metal was gone so I had no idea. And now it is already welded in. :/ So probably I will cut off that part of the floor and weld a correctly shaped sheet in place.

Other than that, looks very familiar. Fortunately in my case the issue is probably only on driver's side and the sill on other side should still be intact.
LanciaFin

Those pictures are actually very valuable for me to see how those parts repaired in the past have originally been constructed. The outer sills have different structure on berlina than on coupe.

That coupe is your project? Impressive challenge. :)
FL30

Unread post by FL30 »

Yes, my project. The body now is waiting to be painted. No progress for more than a year now.

If you have the time, you may also read my restoration blog in English:

https://www.alfabb.com/threads/flaminia ... en.212466/

Every now and then, not strictly project dedicated topics were discussed, but still intersting.
Hubert
LanciaFin

Of course I should have remebered... :) Checked that project years ago, but it seems to have gone forward since last time.
FL30

Unread post by FL30 »

Was it you, asking about the sprocket with the lightening holes?
Hubert
LanciaFin

I don't recall that. On the other hand, I didn't recall my user name either (Verde Finlandia), until I checked it from the browser.

I may have to ask someone to measure the correct placing for clutch pedal return spring attachment point under the floor. The floor had been replaced earlier, and the spring was probably not in correct place - if even the spring itself was correct one, because it dropped off, when I slackened the rod that operates the clutch. It was too tight, which may have had its part in burning out the clutch.
LanciaFin

IMG_20220404_191557_HDR.jpg
Everything gone. What is seen of the internal support on the picture, is almost everything that there was left. Made a mistake with the floor and sill, should have installed the inner wall of sill first, before the the bottom of the floor/wheel arch. Now it will be more challenging to make it fit nicely.

The wires were glued by old cavity wax in the tube. When one was finally moving, the rest began moving one by one. The last one was still pretty tight.
Mitka

Unread post by Mitka »

Hi Miika

Nice to see your project! I got myself a project also😅

https://youtu.be/AIOWl3XuJr0

Best regards,

Mitka

Return to “70 Flaminia”