EPB troubles after brake fluid leak.

nadjaji

EPB troubles after brake fluid leak.

Unread post by nadjaji »

Dear Forum members.
I have an EPB light and Brake light lighting up on my dashboard. After inspection I noticed brake fluid leak at the right rear wheel, coming from the caliper. I replaced the EPB unit last year, but not the caliper.

There was brake fluid in the EPB unit, I tried to clean it with white spirit, but that did not solve the issue. So I ordered a new EPB unit and replaced the caliper and the unit this time, but I keep getting error messages. Have the car on blocks and tried with running engine and gearbox in neutral to turn the wheels, but they're both stuck. That's weird, because normally the EPB should work independently of each other.

The EPB unit fits in the caliper with a torx connection. Does anyone know if I can turn back in the brake cylinder without problems. It is, I believe Torx 25. If the wheels are unblocked, maybe I can drive the car to a garage.....?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Thesis 2.4 Multijet 220HP chiptuned - 2008
nadjaji

Re: EPB troubles after brake fluid leak.

Unread post by nadjaji »

I gave it a try and was able to release the brake cylinder by turning it back counter clock wise. I wanted to do the same on the left side and unfortunately, one of the bolts broke, so now I might need to replace that one as well.

I tried to loosen it by cutting a slit in the broken bolt with my dremel, to try to screw it out, but with no resolve...

All suggestions are welcome :-)
Thesis 2.4 Multijet 220HP chiptuned - 2008
vlad47

Re: EPB troubles after brake fluid leak.

Unread post by vlad47 »

You have to drill it veeeeeeery carefully not destroying the thread.
Lancia Thesis 3,2 V6 + LPG Emblema 2007
Lancia Thesis 3,0 V6 Emblema 2004
Lancia K coupe 20VT 1998
Lancia K coupe 20VT 1999
Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0 V6 12V Lusso 2000
e-mail: vladimir.duro@lanciathesis.eu
Phone: 00421-907/087956
www.facebook.com/lanciathesiseu
www.vialleslovakia.sk
If you have any problems with your thesis, feel free to contact me.

Return to “40 Thesis”