Flavia colour charts / paint chips wanted

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation New: electronic distributor
Colin

Flavia colour charts / paint chips wanted

Unread post by Colin »

Dear All, does anybody have spare copies of the Flavia Sport and Flavia convertible paint chips available - ideally would like to buy them but good scanned copies or photos, front and rear, would be a good alternative. Have attached the coupe one as an example. Thanks - Colin.

PS - any other Flavia colour charts / paint chips also required esp. for the 815 series cars.
Attachments
flaviacouperear.jpg
flaviacouperear.jpg (23.1 KiB) Viewed 788 times
colori815430330pagina1gj1.jpg
colori815430330pagina1gj1.jpg (180.85 KiB) Viewed 788 times
grifo63

Re: Flavia colour charts / paint chips wanted

Unread post by grifo63 »

Ciao Colin,

in the italian forum you can find some of the references you are looking for; the picture quality is not the best and for sure some colours are missing (for instance bianco saratoga and blue lancia) but its all I've found around.

http://www.viva-lancia.com/lancia_fora/ ... colori.jpg
LanciaFin

Unread post by LanciaFin »

Hi Colin,

I have some paint chips (of Max Meyer brand, if I recall correctly), but only few of them are from "Flavia-era", most are from 70's to early 80's. However, I don't think they have much else than collectible value, because the colours - at least the white tones - seem to have significantly darkened during the years. For example, the Bianco Saratoga, which is the colour of my Milleotto, was nowhere near the actual tone, that was compared to the covering of front door hinges (offering probably the best example of original colour.) At first I got a sample of "Bianco Saratoga '75" from PPG brand, but that was of course different than the older bianco. Finally I sent the covering to a paint retailer, who mixed a custom tone from it (code O-9-00010.500 in Mipa paint system, if the one in the invoice is the same as on the side of can.)

Scan and screen settings make also a huge difference to tones, so they'll help selecting a new colour or trying to find the name of the current colour, at most. I can make scans from mine, if needed.

Regards,
-Miika
LanciaFin

I had a look at them, and actually there are quite many examples from 60's. I scanned all 23 pages, but unfortunately the colours did not reproduce well on the scans. Here they are, anyway:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5 ... lder%2cjpg
If someone needs a better take from some page, I can make another try with different settings or better scanner at my work.

Regards,
-Miika
grifo63

Unread post by grifo63 »

Hi LanciaFin, good job!

Just for curiosity do you know why some colours are duplicated or even triplicated? what does means A/ delta +?
LanciaFin

Hi,

I haven't compared other than white colours, but I'd guess that there are a bit different tones under same name, that's pretty common. A pity that the colours on the scans became so dull. No idea about the other codes. I bought these chips from a Finnish seller some years ago, so I guess they have been used by some paint shop.

-Miika

Return to “68 Flavia, Lancia 2000”