'70 Flavia 2000 LX - renovation of the braking system

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation New: electronic distributor
Paweł

'70 Flavia 2000 LX - renovation of the braking system

Unread post by Paweł »

Hello everyone, I am at the beginning of the restoration of a 1970 Lancia Flavia 2000 LX Berlina (819.610) that I bought 2 months ago. With small steps I am going to bring it back on the roads - I have already managed to start the engine, but among the many problems to be solved a certain problem for me is the dunlop brake system. I would like to buy a whole car brake piston and cylinder assembly kit (if only they are available), unfortunately I can't find a dedicated one for this model. Maybe someone of you has done such a replacement and is able to recommend the right one?
I read somewhere that a similar system was installed in Jaguar e-type (I found such TRW kits), but I am not sure if this is true information.
I would appreciate your help.
Greetings
Paul
LanciaFin

Re: '70 Flavia 2000 LX - renovation of the braking system

Unread post by LanciaFin »

Hello,

The Dunlop system is Lancia-specific when it comes to main cylinder and slave cylinder (and, I believe also the booster.) These have metric seals, unlike the british cars. The wheel cylinders have imperial (inch) seals, and Jaguar (as well as others with same size) parts will fit.

All seals are available, and if you plan to renovate the system by yourself, I recommend getting the factory service manual, available from here Viva-Lancia. One reputable place to have your brake parts renovated is Omicron Engineering:
https://shop.omicron.uk.com/collections ... p-services
viiking

Re: '70 Flavia 2000 LX - renovation of the braking system

Unread post by viiking »

I too am slowly restoring my brake system.

Apart from the brake pistons needing re-sleeving I’m looking for the large rubber diaphragm in the brake booster.

I keep finding some parts in “old Lancia parts” website but ever time I place a request for a price on their website I get no answer?

Return to “68 Flavia, Lancia 2000”