Replacement clutch does not disengage

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation New: electronic distributor
bmw8890

Replacement clutch does not disengage

Unread post by bmw8890 »

Hi,

I purchased a replacement clutch kit from CO.ME, item number AE9053K, for my 1963 Lancia Flavia Vignale to replace the original clutch that had a chattering issue. The new clutch only picks up one flywheel dowel pin and I can't get enough throughout bearing stroke to disengage the clutch. Has anyone had any experience with CO.ME clutch?

Thanks,

Brian
LanciaFin

Re: Replacement clutch does not disengage

Unread post by LanciaFin »

Hi Brian,

I made a mistake with my clutch, and had the cable adjusted too tight. That resulted a problem with disengaging, when the release bearing pressed too deep. When I noticed that while pressing the clutch pedal, the clutch first disengaged and then began to engage again, I realized my mistake. Maybe you are lucky and have the same situation?

The chatter is my problem too, probably need to check the pressure plate in the coming winter.

Regards,
-Miika
bmw8890

Re: Replacement clutch does not disengage

Unread post by bmw8890 »

Miika,

Turns out that I hade two issues with the new clutch. The disc was .75mm thicker than the original so I added washer/shims to between the pressure plate and flywheel. The new pressure plate throw out bearing ring was 6.35mm inward toward the flywheel so the throw out bearing ran out of travel. My plan is to modify the new clutch at a later date to fix the 6.35mm error. So I reinstalled the original clutch and notice the one throw out bearing fork heights was off by 3mm from the other two when in the install condition; this will cause chatter. I plan on road testing the car this weekend and will report back with the results.

Regards,

Brian

Return to “68 Flavia, Lancia 2000”