Choice of replacement booster for original Bonaldi

CD's with workshop manuals, parts book and other documentation New: electronic distributor

Moderator: Huib

ozflavia

Choice of replacement booster for original Bonaldi

Post by ozflavia » 09 Jun 2019, 08:23

After being rebuilt 5 years ago the Bonaldi booster caused the brakes to lock on again ( the original problem). Basically had enough of this and happy to sacrifice reliability/safety for originality. Hoping that someone else has been down this road and has a suggestion for a modern / generic replacement brake booster / reservoir ?

msouth

Re: Choice of replacement booster for original Bonaldi

Post by msouth » 11 Jun 2019, 05:04

My sister has a Flavia coupe and has had the booster rebuilt maybe three times in recent years, each time only lasting 12/18 months, so I understand your frustration. It seems that here in Australia it's difficult to find someone who can rebuild these with any long term reliability.

But there is a solution. I have two Flavia berlinas and neither of them have the original booster. The Milleotto has what I think is an aftermarket PBR unit, and I think it's the VH44. If you're going to discard yours altogether, I might be interested...

I hope that helps.

gcarenini

Re: Choice of replacement booster for original Bonaldi

Post by gcarenini » 15 Jun 2019, 15:24

Dear all,

here in Italy is possible to find new reproducted unit, available in mild steel/aluminium or full stainless steel (vacuum cylinder and pump).
This solution is not cheap but absolutely reliable, I have installed on my Flavias and Flaminia.
Feel free to contact me in PM for any further info.

Kind regards

Giovanni

Return to “68 Flavia, Lancia 2000”