wood dash panel removal question: 1967 Lancia Flavia S2

Mercatino
Gallery
Lancia_Franco

wood dash panel removal question: 1967 Lancia Flavia S2

Messaggio da leggere da Lancia_Franco »

Hello-

First post for me! I have a 1967 Lancia Flavia Coupe that we are going through and freshening it up some. The wood dash is in a sorry state. Does anyone have any tips for removing the wood section on the passenger side of the car? I'd like to be able to get the wood out without destroying it as I would like to use the old piece as a template. Are the chrome surround pieces pressed into place?

Many thanks!

Ciao-

Primo post per me! Ho una Lancia Flavia Coupé del 1967 che stiamo attraversando e rinfrescandola un po'. Il cruscotto di legno è in uno stato pietoso. Qualcuno ha qualche consiglio per rimuovere la sezione in legno sul lato passeggero dell'auto? Mi piacerebbe poter estrarre il legno senza distruggerlo poiché vorrei usare il vecchio pezzo come modello. I pezzi della cornice cromata sono premuti in posizione?

Grazie molto!
grifo63

Re: wood dash panel removal question: 1967 Lancia Flavia S2

Messaggio da leggere da grifo63 »

Hi Franco, I'm glad to welcome you here.

Unfortunately I can't help you so much because I lack of experiences with S2; just for reference my S1 has small nuts (M4 if I remember well) on the rear to hold the chromed frame.
gcarenini

Messaggio da leggere da gcarenini »

Dear Franco,

I guess there is a misunderstanding about your indication of 1967 Lancia Flavia S2 in the description, the production of Flavia S2 coupe (chassis type 820.030/1 or 430/1) has been started in 1969, I guess that your car is not a 2 liters 820 but a 1.8 litre 815.300 (or 815.430) with circular odometer instead of the horizontal one, the production of this model started in autumn 1965 (MY 1966) and is quite commonly defined as 1800 S2 but is not because the chassis type is the same as the previous version and the chassis numbers continue the previous numbering, then is a simple restiling of the S1 coupé.
Coming back to your question... assuming that your car is a 1800, to dismantle the wooden dash you have to proceed in this way:
- remove the wooden plate from the gauges - this is a quite easy task because if just fixed with by 2 screws and 2 knobs (see blue arrows in the attached picture)
- remove the upper side of the dashboard that is secured in 5 points, see red arrows in the attached picture

At this point both left side and passenger side wooden plates will be accessible from behind, you will have to remove many small nuts as written by Luigi then you will be able to remove the inox (not chromed) surround and the wooden plates.
Enjoy!!

Best regards

Giovanni
Allegati
Flavia PF dashboard cover fixing points.jpg
Lancia_Franco

Messaggio da leggere da Lancia_Franco »

Thanks Giovanni! This is perfect! The dashboard in my car is exactly like in the photo you posted but with 50+ years of sun and heat damage :lol: . It appears to be a pretty involved task to remove the wood panels. My car has not been easy to work with as half the bolts or screws are frozen due to rust. I will attempt this on the next phase after I am done working under the hood.

Many Thanks!
Rispondi

Torna a “Flavia e "2000"”