Flaminia hubcap

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
KenS

Flaminia hubcap

Unread post by KenS »

I recently purchased a very nice reproduction Flaminia hubcap from eBay. Through the center of the lettering there is an arrow of sorts, the arrow ending on the right side with a spoon shape. Does anyone know the meaning of this symbol or what it represents? Ken
FL30

Re: Flaminia hubcap

Unread post by FL30 »

I would say it is a lance, what is "lancia" in English. Hubert
Hubert
KenS

Unread post by KenS »

Hubert: Ah - good thought. But would have thought the lance on the hubcap would have a sharper point. If you look at a Lancia emblem, there is a Lancia flag supported by a lance, which has a sharp point. It should not be too difficult to stamp a similar image on a sheet metal hubcap. Ken
KenS

Unread post by KenS »

Here is an original hubcap on a Flaminia. Looks more like a spoon than a spear. But I'll go with spear. Ken
Attachments
lancia hubcap.pdf
(198.49 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
KenS

Unread post by KenS »

The image may have not come through. "Google" "Lancia Flaminia hubcap" - go to "Images" and then on the top line, click on the 6th photo to enlarge it. Ken
FL30

Unread post by FL30 »

Ken, you are right, there are hubcaps with sharp tips and softer tips as well. There is one more detail you may find on a third type, that is some embossed grooves within the spear. here is a selection of original hubcas from my cars. Image Image Image Image
Hubert
KenS

Unread post by KenS »

Hubert - many thanks for the photos. So it is a lance - mystery solved. Best, Ken

Return to “70 Flaminia”