tyres

CD's with partsbook, workshop manual, original sales brochures, instruction booklet, ads.
wesjoe

tyres

Unread post by wesjoe »

Hallo
I am new to this forum and have bought a 1962 Lancia Flaminia Cp PF in Italy , which I only know from photos by now. It was a long dream for me to own this car, even here in Germany it is not so popular.
I will need new tyres ,but don t know which to buy. I learned that the correct size is 165x400, but have difficulties to understand which modern tyres also will fit, ideally without tubes.
I also want to add safety belts, which model I can use.
Has anyone experiences which registration of this model in Germany, because it has still Italian papers.
Gracie
FL30

Re: tyres

Unread post by FL30 »

Hello,

congrats to your buy. Indeed Flaminias are fairly rare cars here in Germany.

Just to give some more details about the tires. The Michelin tires for the Flaminia are metric size tires, meaning that the rim diameter is 400 mm. It is not possible to run non metric tires on these rims. The correct tire for Flaminia Coupe is 175X400, which unfortunately is not available. You will have to change to 165x400 which are smaller in width as well as in diameter.

As far as I know Michelin distributes the 165X400 in Germany via two dealers only. MOR-Oldtimerreifen München and Oldtimerreifen Harald Möller Quickborn.

If you want to get in touch with other Flaminia drivers in Germany you should visit www.lanciaclubdeutschland.de. There is one chapter dedicated to Flaminia including a restoration diary. If you are interested in an english version you may visit www.alfabb.com/miscellanious forums/other italian cars/flaminia coupe-der Bugattiwagen.

Of course you may also shift to the German forum here on viva-lancia.

best regards

Hubert Enbergs
Typreferent Flaminia im Lancia Club Deutschlnd e.V.
Hubert
wesjoe

Unread post by wesjoe »

Hallo Hubert,
tx for you reply, which I could not answer earlier due to an business trip.
I will follow your recommendation and will change to the German chapter.
Bert Ewalds

Unread post by Bert Ewalds »

Recently, also Pirelli re- introduced the 165-400 size, in their classic Cinturato series.
Maybe that one is easier to get in Germany

Bert
Alessandro reghini

Unread post by Alessandro reghini »

dear Lancista,
sorry if I read your post only today, probably is too late. If your Flaminia was made in '62 is a 2.5 litre and your statement is correct: the tyres are 165780X400.
Since you mentioned tyres tubeless, there is a seller in Holland that has rims made for Flaminia: http://www.classiclancia.com/car-parts/ ... uct_id=106
In Italy unfortunately we cannot change the diametre from 400mm to 165'' (406.4mm), but I believe in Germany there is more flexibility.
Best regards,
Sandro
Dougal Cawley

Unread post by Dougal Cawley »

the 175HR400 Cinturato is being produced again http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page/17 ... -ca67.html
Dougal Cawley

Unread post by Dougal Cawley »

Hi

these tyres have actually been produced now. you can buy them from here http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page/17 ... -ca67.html
msouth

Unread post by msouth »

Hello Flaministi,
There is apparently another tyre option in the 165R400 size. Blockley Tyres in the UK now make this size. Does anyone have any experience with the Blockley version of this tyre size?

Blockleys are quite popular on vintage-era cars, especially in competition, and I have a pair of the 5-block 18" version on the family 1937 Lgaonda LG6 DHC and they seem quite good, an improvement on the Excelsiors I feel.

Of course, the Michelin X is still available, as are the Pirellis but the latter's diameter is slgithly smaller. The Blockleys are the correct diameter, and the tread pattern looks a bit more interesting than the Michelins. Comparing Blockleys with either Michelin or Pirelli from Longstone Tyres, they are cheaper at GBP129 vs 145/180 (if you buy in a set of 4).

Regards, Mike
Geoff

Unread post by Geoff »

are the Blockleys radials?
msouth

Unread post by msouth »

Yes they are.
https://www.blockleytyre.com/product/165hr400

I've taken the plunge and ordered a set, since I had the offer of space in a container coming from the UK to Aus. It'll be a while before they arrive and are fitted but I'll let you know what I think.

Return to “70 Flaminia”