s3 appia front wheel bearing nut

Appia, Aprilia, Ardea, Artena, Astura, Augusta, Belna, Aurelia, Dilambda, Lambda and earlier
bmarler

s3 appia front wheel bearing nut

Unread post by bmarler »

i've looked in my manual and tried a search of all the forums but i can't find anywhere the setting procedure for the front wheel bearing nut. the bearings are not tapered roller bearings but more like angular contact instead. is the nut simply brought up tight and secured? is there a torque value for this?
Huib
Site Admin

Re: s3 appia front wheel bearing nut

Unread post by Huib »

Right. Lancia uses dual or double angular contact. I will look it up.
Huib
Site Admin

Unread post by Huib »

Here some copies of the pages on Appia CD_2 available on
https://viva-lancia.com/specials/cd/appia-cd.php
AppiaEng1.jpg
AppiaEng2.jpg
AppiaFr1.jpg
The last one is in French. It shows the values in kgm.

On the angular contact bearings. Fessia used the angular contact bearings. I am not sure Jano did.
bmarler

Unread post by bmarler »

thank you huib, this is most helpful. what book are these scans taken from? i have the workshop manual but didn't see these pages anywhere. i wondered if there was a dati tecnici book for appia but didn't see it listed in the cd's for sale.
one more thing of note, the cap nut on the hub seems like it secures the outer race. i would think there would be a torque value for that but i don't see it listed, or maybe i just missed it.
Huib
Site Admin

Unread post by Huib »

The copies are definitely from the Workshop Manual on the Appia CD nr 2. There is no Data Tecnici book for the Appia.

On the middle page in the posting there is the section BRAKES AND WHEELS. The first line is front wheel hub nut 86,8 ft/lbs.
The French page lists Moyeu roues AV 12 mkg
bmarler

Unread post by bmarler »

ok, I feel foolish now. I have two copies of the workshop manual and didn't realize there was an appendix section in the back with all of the torque specs. I never would have seen the wheel hub torque listed right below the head bolt sequence. Thanks for keeping me humble...and reminding me to double check my documentation.

Return to “75 Early Cars”