Weber 32 DR5 for Aprilia.

Appia, Aprilia, Ardea, Artena, Astura, Augusta, Belna, Aurelia, Dilambda, Lambda and earlier
PG
Site Admin

Weber 32 DR5 for Aprilia.

Unread post by PG »

I'm proud to inform you that my team is ready to reproduce the Weber 32 DR5 carburettor, in bronze, specific for the Aprilia. Actually, this carb is extremely rare on the market and you know that it's the best option, also the correct one, to replace the Zenith 32 VIM/VIML without to remove the flange and the manifold.
At this point, i would like to know how many are interested in (no obligation for the istance) just to organize a production series. The production ''ll begin in late September when i'll be ready to communicate you a final prize. Thank you.

PG-ADMIN
PG
Site Admin

Re: Weber 32 DR5 for Aprilia.

Unread post by PG »

I didn't forget about this project. I'm still reducing the costs with some details realized with the 3D technology to restrain the budget.
Moreover the production of the air filter created some problems.
Somebody asked me for the differences between the 36DR5 and the 32DR5, because in the UK and in Australia some Aprilias had been equipped with the 36DR5 by the factory. The 36 has the same body of the 32, but the foot is different because there is an internal rod, in steel, to restrain the duct. The reason is that the 36 were fitted on the Alfa Romeos 6C2500 too, but it has a different foot: vertical and not inclined as like as on the Aprilias.

I also implemented the job looking for a cheapest alternative: the original Zenith 32VIM, not in the awful original Zamak 15, but in aluminium. This option allows to assemble the original air filter. See you soon!
PG
Site Admin

Re: Weber 32 DR5 for Aprilia.

Unread post by PG »

The final budget is 6500 euros each + filter + 22% VAT. Unfortunately, we were forced to reproduce many parts with the CNC lathe and some with the 3D technolgy because there wasn't an alternative. The carburettor 'll be provide tested and functioning with the period sheet instructions provided by Weber. Let me know if you are interested in.

I think a good option might be the original Zenith 32. We 're collecting the opinions to make a larger series. The price, i presume, 'll be close to a third of the Weber.

Return to “75 Early Cars”