A radiator "adjustable metallic curtain" for Aurelia B20

Appia, Aprilia, Ardea, Artena, Astura, Augusta, Belna, Aurelia, Dilambda, Lambda and earlier
aurelioB23

A radiator "adjustable metallic curtain" for Aurelia B20

Unread post by aurelioB23 »

Hi there,

I found in my garage a spare part for Aurelia B20 (regretfully, the car was sold many many years ago).

I don't know the right translation in English, I would call it "adjustable metallic curtain for the radiator". I am sure you guys, skilled about these wonderful cars, you know what I am talking about. Could you please help me with the precise English word? I will then put it for sale, as in my garage it is useless-

Thanks!
Geoff

Re: A radiator "adjustable metallic curtain" for Aurelia B20

Unread post by Geoff »

Its difficult, as there may not be a very precise way. They are damper blades (not terms used by most people). Radiator air damper blades? or metal blades for controlling air to the radiator? Might be useful to show a picture or two, especially how complete is the whole assembly. They are activated by a thermostatically controlled rod that comes out of the radiator, which pushed on a top lever that controls all the blades. Does your assembly have the lever on the top as well? Hope this helps.
Geoff Goldberg

1952 B20 s.2
1957 B24 s.6
1959 Appia Berlina s.2

Return to “75 Early Cars”