DELTA 1.6 1994 have to sell it

georgesgoossens

DELTA 1.6 1994 have to sell it

Unread post by georgesgoossens »

Hello , have to sell my car. Looking for a good home for it. Has been well maintained. And only 54.000 km. Any advice how to proceed. BTW new here. Could be my first post on any forum. I am in belgium. Should I post somewhere else.
Koen

Re: DELTA 1.6 1994 have to sell it

Unread post by Koen »

There's also a Dutch part on this Forum : http://www.viva-lancia.com/lancia_fora/index.php?50
If you scroll down, you see all the sub-forums. One of them is dedicated to the Delta1 and 2.

Other languages on this Forum : French, German, Italian, Spanish and Greek.
Each of them is mostly readed / visited by the inhabitants of those country's.
Depend on how international you want to sell your Delta... :)

Koen
Koen

Lancia Y 1.2 LS 8v '01
Lancia Y10 1.1 LX i.e. "Appia" '91
Lancia Ypsilon 0.9 Gold TwinAir CNG "Ecochic" '14
Lancia Y 1.2 LS 8v '97 (RIP in 2013, na 16 jaar en 334.500 km )
gamma a.i.

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

I'd guess that buying a normally-priced "non-collectors car" (i.e. - a modern-Lancia that is not a Fulvia, Stratos etc) outside of its original country of registration could be very expensive for a buyer who is located elsewhere than in the original country of registration ; considering that, beside travel coordination, there will be a (perhaps) tortureous procedure of emission & safety inspections, title & perhaps requiring payment of VAT in the country to which the car is being imported. If it has no CAT - some countries will not be happy about registering it !

In any case, most "normal / semi-normal sort of everyday cars" are just not worth the hassle: more so if the car being offered is somewhat available in the country that a potential buyer lives in; which in this case - due to the extremely low km on this Delta 1.6 - is probably not the case (I hope I have been understood).

Another factor is always going to be... is the car being sold a "hot-item ion the desirable-car-scale"; is it "rare & precious"; not to forget is it "beautiful".

Being a Lancisti whop speaks to lots of other Lancisti about many things Lancia...I've heard the comment "if it wasn't so far away, if it wasn't such a pain in the batt, I don't have the time to travel so far (etc) maybe I'd go look at it" ... a few times.

So, maybe...a sale to a Be(nelux) loving/caring Lancisti is the best bet for finding a new Beta ooops...sorry Delta-Home.

I know that I have no doubt passed up some great opportunities to buy great Lancia in the last few, at good-prices, because all of the above factors made it "just too difficult" (& because I don't need yet another Lancia)
ronsas

Unread post by ronsas »

Hi gamma a.i.,

There's hope for all you UK Lancisti! Please take a look at this article: http://www.autoedizione.nl/2010/12/18/l ... -chrysler/

In translation it states that the (new) Lancia Delta and Ypsilon will be on the UK market next year... wearing the Chrysler badge. It is noted that it will be an awkward return of Lancia to the UK market after the "rust disaster" of many years ago. The Lancia brand will be introduced more or less undercover as Chrylser starting in June with the Delta, which will be available with five engines including the new Multiair 140 HP and 1.8 DiJet and 1.9 Twinturbo JTD. The car will compete against the Volkwagen Golf and Ford Focus and Lancia/Chrysler expects to sell about 1800 cars.
Although the Chrysler brand may stop people buying these cars, it may be a nice opportunity to buy an excellent and exotic car for a fair price!

Regards,
Ron
fulvia a.i.

Unread post by fulvia a.i. »

hi Ronsas, Gamma here, signed in today as Fulvia a.i

thank you for this Lancia / C'ler good, for UK'ers, news. I think !!

As for me, I'm actually USA'er ! To be fair about where I live ... I live, sometimes, near lovely historic small, quaint Heidelberg am Neckar (the River) in the Riveria Region of Germany; with less precipation & more sunshine that anywhere else in this - at the moment - snow-covered-country. We currently have 2 inces of snow, other areas are under-the snow !

H'berg is the Home of the "United States Army Europe" aka USAREUR; my Ex-Employee & Great Client of my Company - for many years of my living/working part-time in Germany.... Soon (boo hoo) USAREAR will depart "up the river" to Wiesbaden, another lovely city on a river, where my children were born.
I used to live -part-time- there too, when working closley with the US Air Force at "Camp Lindsey" . The USAF departed W'baden several years ago - to relocate in Ramstein in the Hills & Forests of Rheinland-Pfalz. I've never lived in Ramstein.

Wiesbaden Army Air Field, located on the edge of this lovely city on the Main River, was the US Army-Airfield from which the blockade-busting US Pilots & Planes departed free W.Germany, flying over unfree E. Germany to bring candy & coal; food etc to the not-so free-German (& NATO) population of Berlin during the Berlin Airlift, day & night & in all kinds of weather A Historical Note: every 10 ys; for many yrs, many the original planes & the original air-crews flew from the USA to take part in Airlift-Rememberance-Ceremonies at the W'baden Air Field on 4th of Jul (as close as possible) Weekends.
The Air Field gates was opened - for a giant Barbeque, Country Music & American Ice-Cream - to all who wished to attend.

We (my family & friends) met & spoke with many "Candy-Bombers"', who took kids, nationality & age regardless, on historical spoken-tours of their planes & had the kids (of all ages) sit in the Pilots seats for photos, which they then autographed. Everyone got Souvineer Bomber-Candy !!!

Great Guys, Great Fun, Lots of Laffs, Lots of Tears, tears ? Yes, Tears - especially by Germans who remembered the days of the Airlift & Tears for those of us who realized that the # returning Heroes was getting smaller & smaller from Commeration to Commeration....it seems that some of them "just faded away !

These Guys were still Heroes in the 70s.80, 90's. Still Heroes & Still Nut-Cases ... Nuts for flying across the Atlantic to be at the Air Field 1 more time ! Can you imagine flying from some remote little airfield somewhere in the USA - all the way to W'baden in a 60+ old year old plane ? Don't forget that the pilots were even older than the planes !!!

They then departed W'baden to take part in similar ceremonies in Berlin - 1 weekend later. They then flew "their-planes" back to the USA, via many stops enroute ! THE PLANES WERE THEIR OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY; THE "BOMBERS" ATTENDED AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE !! Ahhh, alas.......

Umm, back to Lancia. 1km from my house is Lancia / Fiat Pietsch.....they laugh when I ask them when they will take down the Lancia-Advertising & put up the Cyrysler Penta-Star..........they say "NEVER !!! ". I am not so sure !!!

They sell more Fiat Abarth 500 in 1 month than Lancia in 1 year !!

They have sold 1x Delta III, a lovely Turbo-Diesel to-date, after registering it (on paper) to depreciate it & thereby pay less year-end- tax - down to the price of a used 2 yr old-old. I looked at it, I decided it couldn't do anything better than my 3dr Stilo-Abarth (clone), in spite of leather....except go faster & cost more.

Back to H'berg----I will not depart my beloved Musical-City of Heidelberg when USAREUR does.

HD is & will remain a truly International-City; you just never know who you will meet here ! Arlo Guthrie 1 week & Steve Morse a week later. Although my days of living, partying & roller- skating in the Heart of the City are no longer I . I once dwelled 1/2 up Heiligenberg (Holy Mountain), on Panorama Weg...over looking the River-Valley & Castle , where strong legs & lack of parking spots were "given facts of life" : Well - those days are over. I need Parking-Space for my Lancia !!!
& no icey forest paths to drive up & down daily (somethimes) in lieu of flat-roads !

Nowadays I live a few km out of H'berg, in a little farming Dorf; also Home of the Software Application Company aka SAP & until recently, Home of over 3000 Military - US & Can Americans + a gaggle UK; NL; BE; IT; GR (etc) NATO Members & their Families as well ! It was great town to Never Get Lonley-for-Home In ! Alas, the NATO folks are leaving too !!

I also live close to Milan...in bits & spurts - at certain times of year..., but won't be there again until the snow melts in the Alpine-Passes ! I don't keep a Lancia there, a mere Alfa 2000 Berlina has to suffice...but - due to Italian Pollution-Laws, it is registered in H'berg as a "historical-vehicle" although it has never been in Heidelberg !
ronsas

Unread post by ronsas »

Hi gamma a.i./fulvia a.i.!

Great to read the story on your background and your army connections, I took it for granted that you were a UK citizen and a Lancisti who was somewhat frustrated because you could not buy a lovely Delta III overthere. I recognise a lot in your story about the Delta, it is a rarely seen car in the Netherlands also. However, I think there are more sold than one per year or so. On the most visited second hand car site overhere (autotrack.nl) there currently are 56 Deltas for sale and there are about 3000 registered according to the authorities.

I'd love to buy one of the nice JTD Deltas myself but the good old Lybra 2.4 JTD still goes well after 265.000 km and offers just about everything I would want in a car. Still, with so many cars sold it will be easy to find one that suits me, sometime in future.

By the way, I agree with your enthousiastic stories about Heidelberg. I was there a few years ago and also walked the Panoramaweg. Nice view, nice city, it is worth another visit next year or so. Hope they will let my diesel with yellow/red Umweltplakkete in!

Ron

Return to “01 General Lancia discussions and forum messages”