Should i restore a Flavia 1965 coupe

Pauldeacon

Should i restore a Flavia 1965 coupe

Unread post by Pauldeacon »

Hi I have an opportunity to complete a restoration of a 1965 Flavia coupe PF 1965. Car has been stripped to bear metal and will be a full nut and bolt restoration. New leather interior new refurbished dash all chrome redone. Suspension and engine (1800 carburetor) rebuild. Car will be concourse once completed. 2 questions. Car originally off white. Would it be better to leave original color or change to the blue. What would a fully restored version of this car be worth once completed? Please and thank you. Paul
LCV

Re: Should i restore a Flavia 1965 coupe

Unread post by LCV »

Hi Paul,

Coupé Pinin Farina or Cabriolet Vignale?

If you send me the chassis-no. and engine-no. I can check if they correspond.

1.8 carb is the best choice. The injection version by Kugelfischer is difficult.

Restoration just for sale, take the white.
If you want to use the car for some years, take a blue which was also original,
p.e. blu notte.

The costs of a restoration is always higher than the price on the actual market.
Maybe in 20 years the price will increase because these cars become rarer and rarer.

Are you from ZA?

We could correspond better by e-mail.

Best regards
Frank

il-lancista-lanciato@gmx.net
Lancia Club Vincenzo - Int. Lancia Flaminia Register - Int. Lancia Thema Register - Eurovan 1 IG - SAAB-Freunde Südbaden
www.lancia-club-vincenzo.com
KatherineTyler

Re: Should i restore a Flavia 1965 coupe

Unread post by KatherineTyler »

Pauldeacon wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 10:51 Hi I have an opportunity to complete a restoration of a 1965 Flavia coupe PF 1965. Car has been stripped to bear metal and will be a full nut and bolt restoration. New leather interior new refurbished dash all chrome redone. Suspension and engine (1800 carburetor) rebuild. Car will be concourse once completed. 2 questions. Car originally off white. Would it be better to leave original color or change to the blue. What would a fully restored version of this car be worth once completed? Please and thank you. Paul
Original paint color vs. Color change: The decision to keep the original paint color or change the paint color depends on a number of factors. Keeping the original paintwork can appeal to collectors particularly interested in historical accuracy, especially for classic cars like the Flavia coupe.

Value at Restoration: The value of a fully restored 1965 Flavia coupe PF can vary widely based on condition, rarity, originality, quality of the restoration process, and market demand. and trend at the time of sale. Concours quality restorations usually cost more. A well restored Flavia coupe can range from around $30,000 to $60,000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
With the goal of creating a safe and enjoyable online environment, we hope everyone can enjoy the best experiences at APKtome.

Return to “01 General Lancia discussions and forum messages”