DVLA Manufacture date proof

richkaz

DVLA Manufacture date proof

Unread post by richkaz »

Hello ;
I recently purchased a 2.5 Flaminia PF Coupe and have been trying to get the V5 altered to the correct year of manufacture. I do not have the original
sales documents for the car.
The car came from Italy but I have no idea where it was originally purchased. All the records that came with the vehicle refer to it as a 1960 car.This of
course means nothing as 1960 'models' would also have been manufactured in 1959.
After checking the production records on this site against the chassis number, the car appears to have been one of the first 50 manufactured in 1959.
The DVLA say that it was manufactured on the 1st January 1960 ? ( apparently Lancia opened the factory on NewYears Day to make my car.).
After waiting nearly 3 months for a reply and many prompting calls they eventually sent me a letter. This letter totally ignored the photo copy of the factory records
and insisted that I provide the following.

1. An extract from the manufactures factory record on Lancia headed paper ?

2. An extract from Glass's Check book confirming the date of manufacture. This book is sold out at Amazon and I have no idea where to get one.

3. The original foreign registration document. Don't have it

4. A British Motor Industry Heritage Trust stamped certified copy of a record. Do they think Lancia is a British company ?

Has anyone come across this problem before ?
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance
Richard
lucasgeheniau

Re: DVLA Manufacture date proof

Unread post by lucasgeheniau »

On the home page you can find "long lost documents found" On the right, you see:

Pierre Vallade made an Excel spreadsheet with all figures and numbers.
Click below to download version 4 dated June20, 2014.
In xlsx format.

Download the excel sheet, it will provide the needed info.
richkaz

Re: DVLA Manufacture date proof

Unread post by richkaz »

Many Thanks for your help Lucas .

Richard

Return to “01 General Lancia discussions and forum messages”