Lancia wins in Stuttgart

gamma a.i.

Lancia wins in Stuttgart

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

I spent part of 3 24hour days at Retro Classic in Stuttgart.......I came home 2 cars lighter (the 2 cars we drive least; 1 of widge B.G. (smart lady) refused to ride in !

I drank Coffee & ate Cake at the 3-Lancia-Club 1st Place Prize Winning Booth- showing:
1 resplendent FSZ, 1 Fulvia Cpe naked-chassis, 1 Fulvia Cpe I'd like 2 own; 3 Martini Rallye Lancia, Walter Rohrl working the Martini Sector of the Booth - signaturing galore in that very-crowded corner, not to forget 1
"oh my isn't this lovely Appia Berlina & 1 Huge old (1920s) Lancia drop-top that I can not remember what model it is, but it was the Cheese-Cake of the Booth !

A lot of work, sweat, money, perhaps some tears -from the participitating Crews (LCD, Fulvia/Flavia Club; Gamma/Beta Club (now renamed Lancia Fan Club (actually written in German) - went in to planning & executing.

Great Job Boyz & Girlz !

I, as usual, only visited, drank, ate & enjoyed !
Henrik

Re: Lancia wins in Stuttgart

Unread post by Henrik »

John.
Did you sell the Fulvia Z? I haven't forgotten it. It pops up in my dreams, from time to time.
Henrik

1970 Flavia Coupe
gamma a.i.

no - I did not sell it.

but it now has new-looking very-slightly-used "more-correct" Fulvia Rallye Replica Seats from Italy, purchased in France from someones who could not fit into them after purchasing them new in Italy & installing them in France !

...so now no one can complain about the old "Daytona" seats anymore:

how difficult it was to get in & out of them - very true, but we skinny-persons did
how difficult it was for small persons to see over the dash-cover; because short (under 5 foor 5in) persons sat almost on the floor; of course tall or mid-size persons sat almost on floor too, but not quite so low (if U follow me). Tallers & midsizers could see over the dash; ... but no can see anything (in a LHD FSZ) over their right shoulder. To see the instruments I had to twist me frame, neck & head to the right to look under the old (original plastic) steering wheel; or strech upwards to see over the new leather steering wheel. Now a days, with tne new "high-up seat-cushion" seats such gyrations are history.

The lack of vision for not-quite mid-sized persons was so claustraphobic that 'B' took 1 ride in the car 1x & said - when we go to BE for next weeks Fulvia Meeting - let us take the Gamma - or let you go alone !!
Of course we took the Gamma!

how the old seats "cheapened" the interior. Although I liked them better than the original-seats - in appearance & for many other reasons - like support in "hairy-corners" ...
A - who now owns the original-seatsm -that are to be installed -someday- his in-progress FSZ project - disagrees, in all cases; he is an originality-freak & very tall.

Although the Daytonas were 'well-used", they were quite alright for skinny framed J & J - with a small addition of "butt-padding" - to protect our "particulars". The new seats are also only for narrow-hip persons; very very tight & no room for error. I still doubt that B will ride in it again !

So, the FSZ will be J Jr's some day, unless B makes me or him sell it 1st. She prefers here 14 years old Y !
Henrik

Unread post by Henrik »

I'm glad it's still in good hands. And I still know where it is.
One day i might call B, and tell her what a terrible dangerous car this Z is;)
Henrik

1970 Flavia Coupe
gamma a.i.

photos of retro classic expo at Lancia Club Deutscland website

Return to “01 General Lancia discussions and forum messages”