1953 Lancia race car transporter info. needed

Pico Elgin

1953 Lancia race car transporter info. needed

Unread post by Pico Elgin »

I am gathering information about the 1953 Lancia race car transporter in order to build a 1/24th scale model of it. Information needed: wheelbase (I think it's 5.5 M.), track, tire size, and a better view of the Riv tire logo. Thanks, Pico Elgin
Bjørn Kjer

Re: 1953 Lancia race car transporter info. needed

Unread post by Bjørn Kjer »

Did you ever go to : www.renntransporter132.de ?

If you find or have more I would be interested!

Regards Bjørn
Gary duBois Bell

Unread post by Gary duBois Bell »

Dear Sir, I have one photo I copied from MotorSport magazine maybe three years ago. From memory it shows a Lancia D 50 with Musso at the wheel being pushed back from a shop in Spain (?) alongside the race car transporter. I can make another copy and snail mail it to you. I will do this at no charge to you.
BUT if you have other photos I would like you to copy and mail them to me FREE ! Deal ?
Regards Gary
PS to do this I will need a street address. I am in Hoodsport Washington USA
Pico Elgin

Unread post by Pico Elgin »

I probably have that image but I would be glad to share with you the information that I have been collecting for some time on that transporter. I need a clear image of the Riv Tire logo that is on the side of the truck above the door and the track measurement. Thanks, Pico
tarpon

Unread post by tarpon »

RIV is not a tyre logo,RIV was an Italian bearing company .Unfortunately I have not yet this logo
Pico

Unread post by Pico »

Tarpon, Thanks very much for this information. I have found that RIV was purchased by SKF; I will email their public relations department and see if they have the RIV logo. Do you know the 1953 Lancia Esatau track measurement?
tarpon

Unread post by tarpon »

Infortunately no but try here
http://www.album-mmt.it and use the search engine ,you will find some brochures about this Bus /truck.Good luck
Pico

Unread post by Pico »

Wow- that's the RIV logo. That's enough to make the decal for the side of the truck, thanks! Pico
paco

Unread post by paco »

Anyone can help me to get in contact of Pico Elgin? I have a question about the 1953 Lancia Transporter,

Return to “85 Lancia trucks and busses”