Cruise control, bonnet varning, glove box and navigation cd

Rikard

Cruise control, bonnet varning, glove box and navigation cd

Unread post by Rikard »

Hi,

I have a 2002 3,0 V6 Thesis. I like the car a lot, but now it has some problems.

- The cruise control does not work. There is a varning for it on the dash and nothing happens when I turn it on. It is the one with radar in the front bumper.

- There is a warning for "bonnet open" that comes on and off.

- The glove box won`t open with the button. It opens with the emergency string though.

- It had no navigation CD when I got it, so I bought a CD, the 2011 edition for Scandinavia (I live in Sweden). When I put that CD in the car it says "unknown CD". That CD also came with a separate upgrade CD, but it also says "unknown CD".

I have checked the fuse for the cruise control. Also, I tried to bend the metal lip on the bonnet switch for more pressure, but it still says "bonnet open" sometimes when driving.

Any ideas what to do?

Best regards,

Rikard
Rikard

Re: Cruise control, bonnet varning, glove box and navigation cd

Unread post by Rikard »

I got some answers in the german forum. So now the navi works and there is no more "bonnet open"-warning :)
JT McClean

Unread post by JT McClean »

This English site is a bit dead due to near-absence of British users. There are few Finns who check this site from time to time but I also tend to write (in English) to German site.
Luckily we have translators. There are so much data on Italian site and I don't speak it and my German is also a bit rusty, so translators are in frequent use.

Cleaning CD might work for a while but I am 100% sure that within a year you need to disassemble whole unit. Until it, enjoy as long as it lasts :)-D

Lancia Thesis 3.0 V6 Emblema 2003
Plymouth Belvedere 2D HT 1958 "Christine"
VW 1200 1965

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Isola

Unread post by Isola »

May I suggest that when a question gets resolved outside of this forum, the solution would be posted on the forum, too? Especially for those of us whose German is more than a bit rusty, an English summary would be nice. Or, at least a pointer to the Italian/German/etc. source?
Rikard

Unread post by Rikard »

Hi,

I fixed the Navi with a cleaning-CD, still works! I fixed the warning for the bonnet by cutting the two cables for the switch and soldered them together.

I still have not found the fault with the cruise control, but I will let you know when I do :)

http://www.viva-lancia.com/lancia_fora/ ... sg-1374093

Return to “40 Thesis”