Seat adjustments not working

Isola

Seat adjustments not working

Unread post by Isola »

Hello,

Any idea what could make the front seat adjustments and the steering wheel adjustments not working?

So far I've checked all the fuses in the boot. There's one 30 A fuse for each front seat plus a smaller fuse for the seat ECU. I've also checked all the connectors below the front seats and, just to be sure, also those below the rear seat cushion. Everything seems to be ok, but the seats don't move.

Where's a driving position ECU located? I think I've read somewhere it should be below the rear seat, but that's not the case.
vlad47

Re: Seat adjustments not working

Unread post by vlad47 »

Check if the relay in the trunk is clicking to wake up the seats. If not and the relay is ok than you have a broken cable from the connector in the left side trunk ecu. The relay is operated via that ecu.
Lancia Thesis 3,2 V6 + LPG Emblema 2007
Lancia Thesis 3,0 V6 Emblema 2004
Lancia K coupe 20VT 1998
Lancia K coupe 20VT 1999
Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0 V6 12V Lusso 2000
e-mail: vladimir.duro@lanciathesis.eu
Phone: 00421-907/087956
www.facebook.com/lanciathesiseu
www.vialleslovakia.sk
If you have any problems with your thesis, feel free to contact me.
Isola

Re: Seat adjustments not working

Unread post by Isola »

Thanks. I forgot to follow this board for months. The cause was a cut wire that energized the relay R21 in the fuse box in the boot. I really cannot understand how the wire has been damaged. It was simply cut only an inch or so from the ECU connector. The ECU is located at the left-hand side of the boot.

Return to “40 Thesis”