Change connect language

caddydaddy

Change connect language

Unread post by caddydaddy »

Good day all.

My Thesis comes from Austria with German language. I'd like to change it to English. Unfortunately my navi is not able to read disks. So first I tried to clean the laser, but it was not success. Secondly I changed the laser for a new one. Now CONNECT still says "CD is upside down"

Is there any way to change the language? I won't dissemble again. The official Fiat service can not change it. It's so idiot thing. I'm really angry. I tried to change it by OBD communicator, but it doesn't have option to choose another language.

I can not believe it the navi disk is the only way to change my car language. Any idea?

Thank you.
Isola

Re: Change connect language

Unread post by Isola »

The navigation CD is the only way to change the language. The internationalization files are loaded from the CD when the language change is issued.
Is your new laser head really new or a used unit? Do you have an original CD or is it a copy? The CD unit is really sensitive to the quality of the CD. If you're using a copy, try burning it on a disc from another manufacturer, maybe using the slowest write speed your burner offers.
caddydaddy

Re: Change connect language

Unread post by caddydaddy »

Hello,

It's brand new laser. I have an original navi disk. It has many scratches (it was a friend of mine). I tried with copy navi and copy audio CD. Maybe I should test it with an original audio disc.

Return to “40 Thesis”