A/C drain pipe blocked

Paraflu

A/C drain pipe blocked

Unread post by Paraflu »

Hi !

I have a Lybra 1.8 SW 2000 mod. I love the car and it works well as long as I give it some TLC.
Problem these days is that I suspect that the drain pipe from the A/C system is blocked. The reason is that I have a "mist problem" on wet days, and I can't see any or just samll amounts of water comming out under the car. In addition the smell is not exactly like roses either....:)
I have tried to find the drain pipe in order to run a A/C cleanout, but I am not sure were it ends. Looks like it is behind the steering rack. I can see 2 aluminium pipes comming through the torpedo wall, but which one is the drain pipe ? A solution could perhaps be to cut the pipe and connect a rubber hose that could be led out through the lower engine cover?? This way the drainage could more easily bee looked after.

Anyone else who have had this problem ? Any suggestions how to deal with the problem ?

I have also read that the Alfa 156 has a potential rust problem in the floor caused by overflood in the AC system, and I do not want this to happen with my Lybra.

Brgds form Norway
paraflu

Re: A/C drain pipe blocked

Unread post by paraflu »

Case closed ! Found the drain pipe below the servo steering oiltank. Had to remove the fixing screws in order to reach the pipe. A rubber flange blocked the pipe. I cut out parts of the rubberflange and now the drain works much better and water comes out below the wehicle.

Brgds Paraflu
RGS

Re: A/C drain pipe blocked

Unread post by RGS »

Hello !
Had the same problem, but in my case there was a modification with a longer drain pipe, if you have problems with water going into the car instead of out...especially noticed in stressed conditions when high heat and humidity.

Return to “45 Lybra”