lybra 1800 air bag alarm indication

Pantelis

lybra 1800 air bag alarm indication

Unread post by Pantelis »

Recently the driver air bag alarm on the indication pane is continious ON.
This problem occured three times after 30 days of repair by Lancia service dealer.
Any experience feed back?
Thanks
Stu Wilson

Re: lybra 1800 air bag alarm indication

Unread post by Stu Wilson »

I have the same problem. My airbag warning light on the instrument console is constantly on. I had it investigated and was told that the airbag control unit needs replaced. Hope this helps.
pantelis

Unread post by pantelis »

Thanks Stu for your information.
I wll double check with the Lancia dealer and I will revert.
Meanwhile do you know if the airbag is still active even though the warning light is constantly on?
Regards
Pantelis
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

Most likely it is not the airbag control unit. I had the same problem a couple of years ago with my Lybra. After three or four times at the dealer, I did some investigations myself, and found that this was a very common problem with many cars; Alfa, Lancia and Renault. The solution is very easy: the airbag system has for some reason two connected cables under the seats. This is cables that can be unconnected if you need to remove the seats. That is supposed to be the weak point. To solve the problem you should cut off the connection point, and just solder the cables to eachother. That should do the trick in most cases.

If you for some reason you need to remove the seat in the future, then you will have to cut the cable again, but that's not really a problem.

Haavard, Norway
pantelis

Unread post by pantelis »

Thanks Haavard
Same was suggested from a Greek friend.
I made a check by disconnecting the cable clips under mine and passenger seat. Both clips (surprising) were found to be lose with damaged pins. I did a temporary connection and all is ok now. I will ask my dealer to solder the cables properly.

Pantelis , Greece
Ilkka

Unread post by Ilkka »

Visited a local Bosch service with similar problem. Tester reported that passenger's side airbag caused the light to go on. I saw this message thread earlier and did some research on the issue, thus expecting side airbag wire connection to be the fault. Comments from the mechanics also support that this is definitely a well known issue.
So, no swapping of components before visiting a service company that knows their obd tester.

Return to “45 Lybra”