Lybra 303.000 km

lynus

Lybra 303.000 km

Unread post by lynus »

During a recent business trip in Bologna I had the opportunity to take a cab (lybra 2400 JTD model year 2000)
The taxidriver has until now used the car for 300.000 km (303.000 to be precise) without any noticeable problem ,neither engine, electric or body (he just did the regular maintenance).
He defined the car “a real bomb”.

Perhaps FIAT group did not trust enough this good product
Philip

Re: Lybra 303.000 km

Unread post by Philip »

you're absolutely right...they didn't know how to market it (they hardly adverstised it other than at launch), never developed it further, never offered any additional options other than as when launched in 1999...the car remained unchanged till it ran out in 2005: mine a 2.0L petrol with now 107,000km is equally perfect and no unplanned mainteneance other than light bulbs and one or two other very minor things.

it was as though Mr Vincenzo Lancia was back and expected his cars to be advertised only through word of mouth...times have changed though...I suspect it was Mr. Herbert Demel, who joined the Fiat group at a critical phase and wanted to kill the entire Lancia line who must have decided not to pour any more 'pennies' into the Lybra developemtn of replacement...the new Croma's interior apparently reflects a lot of development which had initially been done for the Lancia version, and if one compares the Lybra interio with the new Croma, parallels are pretty obvious.

ciao to all from Geneva
P

Return to “45 Lybra”