Serious vibration on the road in 2000 Lybra 2.4

CDR

Serious vibration on the road in 2000 Lybra 2.4

Unread post by CDR »

Looking for someone with similar problem. I have a 2000 Lybra 2.4, ~140,000 km, in France.
I have a very significant vibration (seat and steering wheel) at all speeds, worse at higher speeds. The vibration is present primarily only when the transmission is engaged. Further, the vibration is significantly worse when turning to the right, slightly worse when turning to the left, and just bad when travelling straight.
The first mechanic I visited said the origin was the 'motor supports', which he then changed. 500 Euro later, and I still have the problem, and it is becoming more significant.
He now says it is probably the 'cardan' joint(s), but he does not think this at 100%, since there is nothing visible, and there is no 'clunking' noise when turning the wheel all the way to the right or left.
He has checked the alignment and wheels balancing. No problem.
So, I'm looking to see if others have had this problem, or if others have replaced the cardan joint(s) in similar Lancia cars. Since the repairs for the cardan joints is about 1000 Euro estimate, I would like to avoid another 'fishing' expedition.

Thanks!
sab

Re: Serious vibration on the road in 2000 Lybra 2.4

Unread post by sab »

and, what was the problem?
i got the same problem with my 2000 2.4jtd sw

Return to “45 Lybra”