Lybra 2.0 Timing-chain change

Michael123

Re: Lybra 2.0 Timing-chain change

Unread post by Michael123 »

Ey

I have bought the car from a kid in the netherlands for 150 euro where i live.The car itself has no timing chain but a belt

Normal cost are 1000 euros but i have done it in my backyard with some simple tools.It is very time consuming i think 2 days are the minimum for someone who will do it the first time.

I think you have seen a different car .

I live in the netherlands so i think its too far for me to come to france and do the job otherwise i would help you

There are many people who do it like i did .Best thing is to find a garage and show them my pictures and ask them a fair price

Greetings Michael
kappaman

Unread post by kappaman »

Yes, Michael, it's obviously not the same car! Sorry for the delay -- having computer problems.

You refer to your pictures: what pictures; I see none on your 2 posts?

Either way, did you take the engine out -- I could do it with a simple hoist, but would like to avoid that because of all the many connections to be undone then reconnected.
Or did you do it by shifting the engine across a bit? I hope that will also work with an automatic gearbox, as that's what I'm hoping to buy.
Michael123

Unread post by Michael123 »

I have a automatic gearbox.

I have atached the engine to an engine hoist and removed every connection underneath like the exhaust and radiator hoses and tilt the engine a little so i could unbolt the cap of the belt with a tiny inbus wrench from lux tools and i used a car jack to manouver faster because you have to manouver the engine to get everything off.

Greetings Michael .Just see my post on the dutch site i have everything there on lancia lybra comfortronic start niet
LanciaFin

Unread post by LanciaFin »

I have replaced the cambelt with all goods twice and water pump once on my 20V Lybra. Manual gearbox. My recipe is: Get two jacks. Take off right swinging arm, and put the two jacks under the engine and detach all engine and gearbox mountings. I guess you have already drained the coolant, because if I recall correctly, you will get more slack to move engine, if you remove some hose(s). I'm not going to every detail (I wouldn't even remember everything), but with the two jacks it is possible to move engine around engine bay enough to get every needed bolt and screw opened. You will need to shorten one allen key to be able to access one bolt. No need to detach exhaust.

I believe this way it is possible to do the cambelt job in less than 12 hours.

Best regards,
-Miika

Return to “45 Lybra”