anti roll bar problem

Martin G

Re: anti roll bar problem

Unread post by Martin G »

Stuart

Messed up the previous messages. I would love to hear about your Lybra in the UK. I allmost bought one but was finally put off by the complications of correcting headlights, speedo and rear fog lamp. Have you overcome these problems? I settled for a rather less exotic Marea JTD 130
Stuart Wilson

Unread post by Stuart Wilson »

Martin,

The Lybra is definitely the best car I have ever owned! I was rather lucky in that the car was imported by a collegue. As a result, I have not had the problems of headlight or speedo conversions to do as the car was already registered in the UK when I bought it. Unfortunately, the previous owner managed to register it without proving any of the modifications! I will eventually do the required mods, but I know they are possible, as Colin McKenzie imported ad modified his Lybra himself.

I will have the car at the Lancia Motor Club AGM in a few weeks time, so if you are there, feel free to hunt me down for a test drive!

Stuart.
Martin G

Unread post by Martin G »

Stuart
I would probably love to attend a Lancia meeting. I will look at their website and investigate.

Thanks

Martin
Iceman

Unread post by Iceman »

Hello Stuart !!

I would like to know what kind of cars you have had previously ? And how old ?

Greetings,

Iceman
Stuart Wilson

Unread post by Stuart Wilson »

My first car was a Lancia Y10 Fila, which went to the scrap yard in the sky! After that, I bought a Fiat Uno 60DS, which I swapped for a Fiat Bravo 1.4SX. I then sold the Bravo to buy an Alfa 156 1.8 T-Spark. The Lybra was bought to replace the Alfa.

I also have a 1973 Fulvia coupe 1.3, which is a fantastic car. As you can probably guess, I an something of an Italian car entuhsiast!

Stuart.
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

Hey Stuart!
Have you replaced the anti roll bar yet? And if so, did it help?
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

Hey Stuart
I am still wondering, have you been able to fix the problem yet?
Sophie

Unread post by Sophie »

Hello everybody,

Excuse me for my english but I'm french.

I juste wanted to tell you that I have a Lybra 2.0 and since last may I had the same problem of noise than you. I've been to my garage several times but they never found what this noise came from. On may they finally decided to change the anti roll bar and since this day I never had the problem of noise anymore. When I drive my car all I can hear is silence. Change your anti roll bar and your life will be changed.
Bye

Sophie
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

Thanks for the answer, Sophie.

As the matter of fact, I have allready contacted the Lancia-workshop, who will change the anti-roll bar on tuesday, 23. november. I hope I will have the same experience that you've had.

Yours sincerely
Haavard
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

By the way, did you change the actual anti-roll bar, or just the bushes on each side?

Haavard

Return to “45 Lybra”