Fiat's parts ?

Iceman

Fiat's parts ?

Unread post by Iceman »

Hi and greetings from Finland !

Nowadays we dont have any Lancia dealer in Finland. In my Fiat, there is many parts which have 'Fiat/Lancia' logo.
Do you know is there some /many Fiat parts that fit's straigth to the Lybra ? (ex. Anti-rollbar) .Engine cc seems to be the same than 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 Marea have.

Lybra is nicelooking and well equipment car but I just wondering is it too hard to find parts for it here in Finland.
Manolis

Re: Fiat's parts ?

Unread post by Manolis »

Hello and greetings from Hellas (Greece) too!

You have seriously problem with Lybra parts!

The engine 1.6 is the same with the Bravo-Marea-Stilo.
The engine 1.8 is not the same with the Marea but only with the Barchetta (4-cylinder, Variable Valve Timing and Variable Intake System) and I think so that Lybra 1.8 and Barchetta has the same electronic management by Hitachi. Lybra has a two counter-rotating shafts for more quiet engine function
For the 2.0 engines I don’t know very well! (Lybra has 5-cylinder engine with VVT and VVI and Bosch managment)

The other parts of Lybra does not same with the other of gruppo (like anti-roll bar).

If you have problem with the posterior anti-roll bar of Lybra see at
http://www.viva-lancia.com/lancia_fora/ ... &i=60&t=57
and send me an e-mail to tell you how to resolve it!

Bye
Manolis
mlemo@in.gr
Emil

Unread post by Emil »

Hello,

You could try to get a spare parts CD; currently one is available at ebay.de, I think in german and perhaps some other languages.

Such a CD gives information about which cars share the same parts. (I sometimes check the CD at my dealer.)

About the 20v engines, technically they are the same. But the first version of the marea (1997 - 2000?) had only 147 hp, the second version had 154 hp, like the lybra. So perhaps the second marea has the same electronic management as the lybra, but to be sure one should check the CD.
E. Costur

Unread post by E. Costur »

I've mine doubts about Lybra 1.8 is the engine really quiet. Because the sound that it produces, about 110km/h and over is disturbing (it sounds more like a diesel engine). Or dou you think something is not working well (ex. Variable Valve timing).
JJ

Unread post by JJ »

Have you check your exhaust-system ?
E. Costur

No but I know how it would be like when it was the exhaust-system.
The sound that I mean is really coming from the engine.
Emil

Re: Fiat\'s parts ?

Unread post by Emil »

At the german forum is somebody who has also a Lybra 1.8 and who also complains about his motor sounding sometimes like a diesel. If I remember well, it was indeed the Variable Valve timing. His name is L.Otti. Can you read german, or shall I search his messages?
E. Costur

I can read German, but can't find any L.Otti at the German forum. Maybe because I'm not so familiar with this forum. It would be great if you can find his messages for me.
E. Costur

Thanks for your help,

I've read all threads about the Variable Valve Timing, but don't still know exactly how to check it out wether it's working or not.

But I think the cause of the motor-noise is something else. If you are interrested, have a look at the German forum site. There you will find some interresting reactions on mine question.

Return to “45 Lybra”