Using Lancia Lybra in northern countries ...

Ants

Using Lancia Lybra in northern countries ...

Unread post by Ants »

Is there anybody who can tell me something about experiences of using Lancia (Lybra) in northern countries, I mean In Finland, Sweden, Norway. How Lancia Lybra starts, works and acts, if outer temperature falls continously under -20C. How good is Lybras heating system, how much Lybra takes fuel in cold environment etc. etc. ? Control of driving on a ice-slicky road? Comparing Lybra with VW, Audi, Mercedes etc. in above described situations?
Best Regards,
Ants.
Haavard

Re: Using Lancia Lybra in northern countries ...

Unread post by Haavard »

Hi there!
I bought my Lybra 1.8 LX SW 2000 model in october last year. I imported it from germany as Lancia does not have an official distribution in Norway . And the Lybra was really put to test as we,ve had the worst winter here in Norway for many years. The temperature was well below minus 20 celcius for quite some time (january and february). I think the Lybra passed the test very well. The battery needed to be changed, as it was not suitable for these climatic conditions, but you can't blame the car for that. The heating system workes really well, actually it has one of the best heating systems I have ever tried. The fuel consumption did not get influenced by the cold weather so the economics was good. It hasn't got traction control, but I didn' reallly miss it, it behaves controlled and well manered in every driving condition. All in all, I can trully recommend the Lancia Lybra for all people in the north who wants a great, luxurious middle class car!
Hans

Unread post by Hans »

Hi Haavard!

Thanks for your information. If the Lybra works well in Norway, It must do the same in Sweden! Maybe I will import one too!
Haavard

Unread post by Haavard »

Hello Hans!

Take a chance, Hans! I don't think you will be disappointet. It's a great car, no question about that!

Haavard
Philip

Unread post by Philip »

Dear Hans,
I'm in Switzerland and wehre I live its not constantly -20 but my 2.0 SW has over 3.5 years never failed to start the first time and the heating/air conditioning are excellent. Mine has no traction control either but traction on lilght snow is perfect with snow tires. I would wholeheartedly recommend the car...its so elegant, solod and nice to own. It looks great too!
Shame that they are not officially imported to Sweden/Norway but the engines are the same or very similar to Fiat Marea so servicing should be no problem.
ciao, Philip
Hans

Unread post by Hans »

Thank you for your information. Someday I' ll maybe drive my own Lybra:)

Return to “45 Lybra”