Kappa SW rear shocks

Justin

Kappa SW rear shocks

Unread post by Justin »

How is it possible for one (1) rear shock absorber to retail at £351 - that being not even the hydraulic, self-levelling job?

Is there something special about this service component that I don't know?

I know they come up on Ebay sometimes but not specifically the SW version - is this one different, because they only ask about 80 quid + postage from Germany, on there?

Too late to argue the point but I'd be interested to know.

Regards all,
Justin
Lindsay

Re: Kappa SW rear shocks

Unread post by Lindsay »

Hi Justin. It's the platinum inserts......

ridiculous price. As you say, they do come up on ebay sometimes. I have a couple of german email addresses for people who may be able to supply, but sounds a bit late..

cheers
Lindsay
justin

Unread post by justin »

Lindsay
You joke about the "platinum inserts", but really, I wouldn't be surprised !
Is it a tactical plot in Fiat to knobble the brand by making Lancias impossible to run on a day to day basis?

I do appreciate also that the strut has had to be imported by "the only factory-supported dealer left in UK", but £351? The hydraulic/electronic ones are £450 !
This is not a bl00dy Bugatti, Bentley or Benz, so unless they did something very strange to the Kappa SW rear suspension, I cannot justify this price.

Anyway, I'm picking the car up tomorrow, so at least I can enjoy driving it again.

I've had the (mis)fortune of having the use of a brand new Honda Prelude - this is a piece of automotive engineering that I feel is typical of today - performance, according to the speedo, rather than to feel or response - comfort, for somebody sitting at a traffic light immobile - styling, for the visually impaired.

Not a proper Lancia, at all.

Regds,
Justin
Lindsay

Unread post by Lindsay »

Well, at least it is back on the road, but what a price. Lucky all 4 didn't need replaced. Another place to try in future is Roberto at Ibexparts in Spain. Do a search in google for "ibexparts vigo". They can supply the 2 oil cooler piper for around 130 euros delivered to the UK. Didn't try Fiat/Lancia but a lot less than I was expecting. The bloke in Japan who bought my Thema 3.0 LX uses them and says they are very good. (he also services all Italians out there, including the real exotica).

Re Prelude. I totally understand!
cheers
Lindsay
justin

Unread post by justin »

Hi Lindsay
Thanks for the tip (huh! too late!).
It is very good to be driving the Kappa again, even if it did clock 200kkm today.
Still goes like stink and so much smoother - and quieter on the surface, too.

G/friend has decided she wants a Delta HPE, I'm delighted to announce. That'll be 3 Lancias in the fold.
regds, Justin.
lindsay

Unread post by lindsay »

For interest, a pair of Sachs shocks on ebay for less than £90 from Germany......
lindsay

Unread post by lindsay »

For interest, a pair of Sachs shocks on ebay for less than £90 from Germany......
archigraphe

Unread post by archigraphe »

For information for all Lancist who need Kappa SW shock absorber replacement.

There is kit to swap the nivomat with standard Shock.

You need good rear sedan shock absorber, and special reinforced Spring like the lemforder ; This sprinf are 3cm longer than standard.
jean-marie

Unread post by jean-marie »

Hello.

What are these springs and how to find them ?
Thank you for my SW !

Return to “47 Kappa”