Lancia Kappa keys

Rui

Lancia Kappa keys

Unread post by Rui »

- Does anyone knows how to "wake" the 2nd telecommad key, that come with the car key set, to remotely open and close doors?
Unfortunately my usual key is broken (no led light on) and in the garage they said I need to have an extra code - other then the electrical and mechanical ones in the lancia code card. Without this third code - which I never saw - they budget to replace the "centralina" and other expensive stuff. - Is this the only way?

Thanks for any suggestion.
Simon

Re: Lancia Kappa keys

Unread post by Simon »

Rui,

The 2nd telecommand key - is this the key with the red coloured fob, this 1 contains the computer code and will help them with your computer i think.

Regards

Simon
England
Julian H. Tice

Unread post by Julian H. Tice »

Viva Rui,

I can tell you the story of my Lancia Delta HPE which may clarify things for you. The car should come with four keys. Two remote control keys for normal use, one red master key which is only used for security and maintainence purposes and one grey service key.

With the car should come a credit card size card which has two codes printed directly on the card. These are the mechanical code (used to define the physical shape of the key - if you need new keys you can ask for them cut from the factory with this code - as I understand it) The second code on the card is for the "lancia code" ignition imobilisation system.

In addition, each key with remote control has a code which is programmed into the central control module (centralina) for purposes of locking/unlocking the car. These codes come with the key on a little sticker which should be applied to the rectangles on the credit card. Confused, yes....

On many cars, these stickers were lost/never applied which creates *big* problems if you need to add a key or a key gets broken or lost. On my Lancia Delta one of the keys was never programed for use from new and had to be subsequently programmed by the dealer. Some time later the other key had the electronic module fail and we purchased a replacement - the "sticker" for the failed key was lost and the dealer couldn´t get into the system to deactivate it and eventually had to replace the centralina. At least our dealer here in Aveiro is quite friendly, after some sublte coersion of course... We were told that the centralina modules for the Delta were non-existent but luclily the dealer managed to procure one from some unkown source that worked.

Good luck,

Julian
Rui Cabral

Unread post by Rui Cabral »

Olá Julian,
Thanks for your message and for sharing with me your own experience with Lancia´s Keys. As you, I have also two telecommand keys plus one master red key plus a grey (garage) key. I do have the Lancia code card with both codes (mechanical and ignition), but no sticker or other codes for the telecommand keys. Again as you, it seems that my second telecomand key - although lightening the led - was not programmed initialy, so it does not work.
Without the sticker - to be honest I do not remember to ever see it - the local Lancia dealer in Lisbon, says he has to replace the remote control unit module (in the car roof) plus the centralina which seems to be a dramatic and costy solution for not having lauzy stickers.....(if this code is so important, it makes all the sense to make it stamped in the Lancia Card, along with the others and also to make it available in the car system software used by all the dealer to see car specifics and historical ).

Anyway, this seems to be in line with other major service issues that unfortunately gives credit to the fact that buying a Lancia - although cars are good - is always a bad bargain.
This is the cond Lancia, I own but I am sorry to say I am tired of so much incompetence in terms of customer service.

Cheers,

Rui
Julian H. Tice

Unread post by Julian H. Tice »

Viva Rui,

I think that you have three options for sorting the key problem:

(i) If you bought the car new from the dealer then you have a good case for making them sort it out - that was our arguing point with our dealer and it eventually paid off. Fiat at present have suddenly woken up to the fact that customers hate bad service. Our dealer now has some pretty performance charts on the wall to show the complaint clear up rate.

(ii) Programming the centralina needs all the keys, but still seems to be a black art. It *may* be possible to buy a new key (with a new code) and add it to the system. Maybe you could persuade your dealer to order an uncut key at their own expense and try programming it into the system. The key for my Delta cost about €70 I think.

(iii) The first owner of my Lancia Kappa took a different approach. Buy a Cobra alarm (or similar) and patch it into the system. Voila!

Um abraço,

Julian
Rui Cabral

Unread post by Rui Cabral »

Olá Julian,

Thanks again for your advises.
I will start by trying your first otion, as I bought a new car from the dialer and it does not much sense to discover that, after all, one of its original keys is not working properly.

If Fiat - as you say - has NOW some worries with customer satisfaction, it should work.

However, my last experience with Fiat Portuguesa customer service, dated of one year ago, was a complete disaster and the image I got from them, is that they dont give a @!#$ for customers satisfaction at all!

I hope I can find a better actitude this time and I would be very glad in confirming that Fiat Portuguesa customer service changed for better and it sort this problem.

Regards,
Rui
atanas

Unread post by atanas »

use autodata cd 2004 there is information about programming key lock unlck button
Rol

Unread post by Rol »

What is "Autodata cd 2004"?
atanas

Unread post by atanas »

A maximum of 8 keys can be programmed

Obtain all keys

Distance of receiver obtain 20 cm.

Press and hold button on the receiver

Check LED flashes