Air bag light

catman

Air bag light

Unread post by catman »

Hi there everyone. Can someone please help. After having a new battery and alternator fitted and the belt tensioner repaired ( cast iron - man did an excellent job ) I now find that the air bag light is on. As my ITV (Spanish MOT) is due shortly and the light being on is an automatic fail, can someone offer some advice?
The car is a Kappa 3 litre automatic and a sheer beauty.
Pierre VALLADE

Re: Air bag light

Unread post by Pierre VALLADE »

Hi,

Sorry for my very poor english language.

I can share with you my experience (twice). Just in case.

I have a Kappa coupé S2 with airbags in the front seats at the window side (not on S1). When one seat is at the maximum back position, the wires under the seat are too short and if the ignition is active, the airbag light default comes on. It may be the case when the "man" works on your car moving the seat(s) back.
The error can be reset at a Lancia shop ... if you find a Lancia shop still having the appropriate equipement .
Unfortunately Kappa don't use the current standard ODB2 interface. I suppose it is a pre-odb system, or a Fiat specific system.
The connector is probably located (not fully sure) at the left hand of the steering Wheel, near the fuses box.
Aurelia B21, Flaminia GTL, Flavia Milleotto, 2000 coupé,
Beta HPE, Beta Trevi VX, Prisma 1.6, Kappa coupés 2.4 & T20, Thesis V6 3.0
catman

Re: Air bag light

Unread post by catman »

Thank you for the information Pierre, I will follow your remarks.
My Lancia / Fiat agent does not have the appropriate equipment for resetting the warning light as I had a problem a 2 years ago with the engine management light showing and a draining of the battery which I eventually traced to a failing belt tensioner. Yesterday I took the car for its ITV yearly examination and it passed without fault. I had masked the red light seat belt so the light did not show. Access via the rear of the instrument panel. The regulation is ------'' if the red light is not showing you cannot test to see if the light goes out therefore, it cannot it fail'' This will give me time to search for the fault in the wiring. By the way, your English language is good.
My regards to you.

Return to “47 Kappa”