NEW kC (for us)

gamma a.i.

NEW kC (for us)

Unread post by gamma a.i. »

have just joined modern (Lancia) times by adding a kC to the garage; 2.4 in champagne, black alcantara, electric everything
gamma a.i.

Re: NEW kC (for us)

OMG !!!
Some1 who lives in our-Haus in Walldorf DE - some1 with same1st name as I - some1 with same family-name too - has claimed "drivers-rights" to Gold kC as soon as paint-work is finished, as soon as wheels are painted, as soon as Sommer-Reifen have been mounted, as soon as kC is registered

Today we ordered 4x Goodyear 205x VR 15 tires, recently tested by (German Auto Club) ADAC as "1 of the best 2 available , equal to the Dunlop 205 VR 1 " - tops in all categories- except "noise-level" - at a truly wonderful price - with a 30 Liter Fuel Bonus to boot...

So ?
am I car-less - not counting 2 Gamma ?

No !!

A 2d kC is now ours; It will be picked up on a trailer this coming weekend ! Yipee ! I hope that no 1 else in our Haus gets to drive it but me !

Johnn G near Heidelberg !
gamma a.i.

OK, front discs were replaced, minor electronic bits as well; a soft ticking of the engine at low rpm with oil warmed has prevented the newest kC from being driven more than a few km since purchase
That is now out of my hands - with assistance of German Auto Club - ADAC - kC was flat-bedded to a Lancia shop - they listened for 5 seconds & said to both me & the ADAC Truck-Driver "do not start again, roll over here, leave it there; contact ADAC for advice..
With assistance of ADAC - an ADAC approved Lawyer has written a letter to the seller - which is a 'legal -procedure / requirement' for processing a complaint in such cases - a letter written in the correct legal text by a Lawyer - giving the seller 14 days after receipt of Letter to take action -at his expense- to rectify the engine damage, no matter what it cost.

We will see ?!?!
gamma a.i.

a sort of an update:

have been driving the champagne kC a bit lately, -no autobahn miles (by me) yet - happy autobahn miles by its real owner - yes; for me only 7km to office and 7km back home, through our small village (30kph max allowed) onto an interesting country-road resembling a narrow race track, smooth & fast; bends & straights + 2 traffic circles reaching a quite high speed* -without over doing it-; prove what a great GT the kC is.

It feels quite ponderous compared to our (non-Champagne) Gold Gamma; kC is more silent without being boring; more docile in town than Gam; which doesn't particularly like low-speeds,kC feels more solid.It is heavier by a whole lot of kg.

No lite-wait 2.5 4 cly alu boxer has the kC ; instead the kC has a quite heavy 2.4 5cyl in-line.

Not that I've tried to reach adhesion limits on road in either, but Gam is Heads & Heels above kC in handling department. Gam has absolutely no understeer. With other drivers in my Gam or their Gam I've witnessed, heart a poundingalmost race-GT adhesion; thanks Markus, Wolfgang, Harvey, Geoff & many others.
gamma a.i.

motor will be removed & stripped next week under the eye of a neutral "damage estimater".

it was lovely getting up at 05:30 to drive in a Van pulling an empty trailer 200km to Neunberg before the sun heated up, to then enjoy a big-breakfast in that little Schwarzwald Village at 08:00, just before visting our regional office for some always fun business & several more good cuppsa Kaffe; after which the kC was driven up onto a auto-carrier which was then pulled behind the Van to a Lancia shop 200km closer to home in Walldorf.

en the beat goes on
gamma a.i.

we now have a well-running 2.4 L motor ... still in a lovely kappa Berlina... what to do next ???
gamma a.i.

both kC & kB are at a local shop with a good reputation; a shop thats willing to tackle this challange 'shortly'; removing both motors, installing kB motor in kC * who know (yet) what to do about leaving the original kC electronic, injection, whatever else in/on kC
+ disassembling original kC motor for a look-see, as is required in order to procedd on legal front.

more gray hair !!
gamma a.i.

quote decision as to stripping down-motor for eventual court-case is soon to be decided end of quote

A 10 minute Fone-Conference of all involved parties today resulted in a drop in bucket settlement but only after some "loud-words" were spoken by 3 Meister-Mechanics, 2 Lawyers, 3 witnesses (by proxy) & 1 Licensed Estimator & the Seller.
I said Zip, since I had nothing to add. The drop covered the costs of the meeting & a cup of coffee !

Oh Well !!

BTY; kC is fine !

end of saga
gamma a.i.

kc Blak seemeth to be fineth, xcept for a slight fuel-stench noticed on 1st long trip of 220km - which went well !
Much more power passing than even a roaring 2.5L gamma

morenews as soon as the shop finds the what I assume is a slight fuel leak. They return from Holiday in 9 days; so in the garage it stays, no need risking any scares !!!
gamma a.i.

NEW kC update

it was a slightly loose clamp on a fuel line -fuel-fumes wafting into cockpit affected brain operation & sight of occupants+ caused burning lung syndrome & caused a feeling of ahem....Xtrem Insecurity.

Nothing bad happened though, on the 1 semi-long drive I took before I smelled a fuel-station where there was none, happily no fire occured, no stains were spotted on garage floor.....

Oh my, poor me -me driving - perhaps sleeping (while not driving) - in Nero kC - a VERY lungo viaggo - starting tomoro 03:00 to get past traffic before there is traffic to get past - with (we pray) no fires, detours, flash-floods along the way.

SW DE to SE NL in a well loaded kC (deliveries enroute) to NW FR via BE -E to W. in a lightened kC; from Dunkerque o'er the wa'rer to Dover, UK en onto to SW England/SE Wales region for a Lancia (wot else) Raduno

A lot of miles jest to drink 1 English Beer or 3!!!!!!

Worf it - to see Gamma friends.

A slightly longer but much quicker route back is planned - via France...........on...yikes Toll-Roads !!

Return to “47 Kappa”