Info display problems

famasmaster78

Info display problems

Unread post by famasmaster78 »

Hi Lancia forum

I have this bizarre problem with my ‘new’ Lancia Kappa sedan.

The display in the middle tuens off if i switch on the driving lights.

I suspect a bad connection of some sort but maybe not?

It seems like quite the job to take the display out and by removing the whole center console.

Any tips appeeciated! :D
Pierre VALLADE

Re: Info display problems

Unread post by Pierre VALLADE »

Hi,

Normally, this display is in yellow color when ligths are "off" and turns green when the lights are "on".
So I suppose that the "green" bulb or the connection to, is faulty.
Unfortunately (!!), I never have had access to this bulb. My Kappa's are working fine on this subject.
If you press the "date" button for several seconds (I don't know exactly how many, but roughy less than 10) when the lights are "on" and so the display should be green", the color will change from green to yellow. This function is used to have a brigth display even is the lights are "on".

Your problem may comes also from the main ligths switch (on the left). A friend an I have had troubles with it (when we switched the ligths on, the dashboard stay off).

Hope this helps.

Pierre
famasmaster78

Hi Pierre,

I forgot to tell you your tip worked a treat, excactly what i was looking for.

Turns out there were also blown bulbs and it was therefore a combination of blown bulbs and Lancias design decisions :D

I have another question for you, how do i change the date / time. I have seen it in my manual somewhere but i am not able to find it again.

Thanks again!

J
Pierre VALLADE

Unread post by Pierre VALLADE »

Hi,
If I remember well, there is a button with two small holes. Identified by "H" and "M".
When the display shows the clock time info, pressing "H" or "M" with a small pen will change the "hour" ou the "minutes" (1 then 2 then 3 and so on).
When the display shows the date, pressing the "H" button will increase the displayed value while the "M" button will change the information to be changed. (Or reverse)
Not sure but something like : DAY then MONTH then Last digit of the Year (---X), then third digit of the year (--X-). Then "return" to the normal (complete) date display.

When I will go back to my Kappa (next week probably) I will check the exact procedure. But above is probably correct or roughly correct.

Sorry for my very poor english language.

Best regards,

Pierre
famasmaster78

Hi Pierre,

You are correct again. I already tried this, but it turns out the switches are just quite old and stiff and needed more force than i thought.

Thank you again!

Cheers!

Return to “47 Kappa”