HAS ANYONE SEEN OR KNOW ABOUT MY OLD Y10 GTie????

rockets12

HAS ANYONE SEEN OR KNOW ABOUT MY OLD Y10 GTie????

Unread post by rockets12 »

Hey everyone...I'm trying to find if my old Y10 GTie still exists or what happened to it. I owned it from 1993 to early 2001. Its registration was G851 YAN. A Rosso Corsa model. VIN/Chassis no. ZAA1560005051660. Engine no. 2958365. First registered 29th September 1989.

I stupidly sold the car to Trevor Nicosia of Nyssa racing when the clutch gave up....a bit silly considering how much care I had given the car during my ownership.

All I can remember is that he sold the car onto a guy who I think lived somewhere along the south coast of England. He got in touch with me after I sold it wanting to know its history!!! At the time I lived near Heathrow but have since moved back home to Northern Ireland.

The car had a few distinguishing features, namely, Lancia emblems at the bottom of the front wings and B pillars. Red inserts in the bumpers. Also I purchased 'Y10' badging from the last facelift of the Y10's and these were beside the front side indicator repeaters and on the passenger side dash. I may have still had a GTie badge from a Delta on the front grill as well at the time. In addition, the interior had an econometer gauge in place of the coin tray (not connected) and 'Alcantara' side panels by the rear seats (which I had got from a 'Touring') instead of black plastic. Lastly, there were walnut inserts from a Rover on the door cards and possibly above the glovebox.

All I have managed to find from the DVLA was that it was last taxed in either 04 or 06 (I can't remember which). The DVLA guy couldn't release more info other than to say that he didn't believe it to be scrapped but neither was it SORN!!!! Confusing to me!!!!!!??

If anyone knows anything about my old car please let me know....even if it has come to an unfortunate end!!!!!

I should never have gotten rid of it in the first place!!! It was in pretty good condition having been on the Lancia Motor Club stands at 3 Dublin and Vintage classic car shows in the 90's.

Many thanks
Stephen Irwin

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”