finally found a Y10

Jecs101

finally found a Y10

Unread post by Jecs101 »

ive been driving pandas for the last few years and have finally managed to find a 1988 Y10 Fire LX. it needs a bit of work for the MOT (what '88 lancia doesnt!) and also a new set of doors in the near future. i know that the mechanics are similar to those in the original fiat panda and that the chassis is similar to the fiat cinquecento but what parts are interchangable? do cinq doors fit the Y10? also the jacking points are crumbling away, where is a good place to locate axle stands ect as i need to replace both the front lower balljoints. any help and advise would be greatly appreciated!
jogo

Re: finally found a Y10

Unread post by jogo »

why torture yourself ?
Lee Proudfoot

Unread post by Lee Proudfoot »

Congratulations on getting a Y10. I've had 2 (a Fila and a Fire LX) and now have a 96 Y. There will be mostly mechanical bits that are interchangeable, engine components and the omega suspension is the same as the facelift Panda, but sorry, the body panels are not the same as the Cinq. Don't forget that the Y10 was launched in the early 80s and the Cinq a decade or so later! There is usually a Y10 or 2 on eBay which could be used for parts, but as you point out, most will require some serious body work attention. I don't think you're mad, but be prepared for lots of money going to welders and panel beaters...

Good luck
Lee
Brian Hilton

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

If you go intoEbay "Lancia" click on location "worldwide" you will normally find quite a few parts available for Y10, a lot are in Germany, but many in the UK. Just make sure that they parts are suitable for your version & engine size.
Items such as oil filter, ball joints etc are common with Panda, forget body panels or trim.

Regards
Brian

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”