Service history Y from Belgium

Adnan Bilanovic

Service history Y from Belgium

Unread post by Adnan Bilanovic »

Hallo
Please help me.
My Y 1,2 16V El.Rosso model year 2000 was imported from Belgium to Bosnia.
I dont know if ex owner changed timing belt(no service book in the car)
Cost for changing is 150 euro so whay pay it if it is done before?
Is there any possibilitie to check in service in Belgium by chassinumber if belt was changed.
Best regards for all Lancia owners world wide.
Adnan
Koen

Re: Service history Y from Belgium

Unread post by Koen »

There is no "official"/ department from the government that registrates which car has got service. In the future this will be in Belgium : every repair + "mileage" (kilometers) must be registrated.
If your car was serviced in a regular Fiat and/or Lancia servicepoint, they have a (paper)copy from the "bill". On that paper is the chasisnumber, sort of work, mileage, date, how many hours they worked on it, etc. I don't believe Fiat Belgium registers this.
Then you have to contact all dealers from Fiat/Lancia : good luck... Remember : in Belgium we have three languages : dutch, french and german.

Koen
Brian Hilton

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

I'd sooner pay the 150 euros than gamble that it had been done, if it hasn't you could wreck the engine which is going to cost a lot more 150 Euros, just not worth taking the chance.

Brian
Koen

Unread post by Koen »

150 € means, for many people in Bosnia-Herzegovina, almost a half month working...
But you're right, Brian, when the belt breaks, it would cost much more to repair.

Koen

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”