Lancia Ypsilon in the UK

John Escolme

Lancia Ypsilon in the UK

Unread post by John Escolme »

Any advice on how I should go about buying a recent, with low mileage, in good condition Lancia Y.

I am not interested in the Y10, or the latest re-modelled Y, rather the model that was in production between 98 and 04 (I think).

I live in the UK - so I guess the easiest source is France or the Netherlands. Was the car ever sold in the Republic of Ireland, or, like the UK did Lancia pull out of that market too - excuse my ignorance.

Are there companies that will import a second hand Y into the UK ?? I don't fancy doing the negotiations myself although my partner is fluent in French and Finnish - perhaps its worth getting one from Finland, and treking back with it !!!

Any help greatly appreciated !

John
Koen

Re: Lancia Ypsilon in the UK

Unread post by Koen »

The Y you want was produced from 1996 until halfway 2004. Maybe you can buy one second-hand in Belgium : lower prices than in the Netherlands... And in Flanders many people can speak and understand French and English. If you try to buy one in Knokke (on the Belgian coast), they sure can help you in French....
Good luck with your search. And good choice. Have fun with your future Y.
By the way : many parts from the Y are the same like the first Fiat Punto.

Koen
m55rco

Unread post by m55rco »

Hello John,
I import the current model Ypsilon into the UK. My contacts in Italy would have no problem sourcing the model you're after. Feel free to contact me on m55rco@mac.com if you would like me to make enquiries for you.
Best regards,
Mark.
Brian Hilton

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

Hi John,

I went to rotterdam in 1999 & bought a new Ypsilon Elefantino Rosso back to the UK, no great problem, Holland is a good place to buy used although you may find they are a bit more expensive as the Dutch had to pay an additional tax as well as Vat, which pushed the price up. The good side of this is that Dutch cars usually have higher specifications than elsewhere.
The 1.2 16v twin cam 85 BHP fitted to my Rosso was fantastic for it's size, the Rosso also has a lot of extras, aircon was extra at the time but the later ones around year 2000 had aircon as standard & although the revised engine had dropped on BHP the torque was up.

If you would like to talk about the pros & cons please email me your phone number.

Regards
Brian Hilton
Guy Adams

Unread post by Guy Adams »

m55rco

Can your same contact import an old montecarlo to the uk? I give up on finding a descent one here!
Ana

Unread post by Ana »

Hello,
I'm trying to import my Lancia Y 1.2 Ls (1999) into the UK, from Portugal, but I'm having a hard time in finding proper headlamps to drive here (beams need to dip left for driving on the left-hand side of the road). Can anyone give me a clue on where I can find these headlamps?
Best wishes
Ana
Simon

Unread post by Simon »

Ana

You will not find headlights to fit, you have an option when registering the car - tell the authorities and you troubles begin or don't tell them. Then either dip the headlights manually, its worked for me on a delta hpe hf or put black tape or beam benders on.

If you have the 2nd series Ypsilon, there is a company that imports them and does a modification to the lights, I understand they will do this for others at a cost.

I cannot remember the company, but the attend the Autoitalia day at Brooklands, and they may also advertise in the magazine. Someone on this forum may know them.

Regards

Simon
Simon

Unread post by Simon »

Ana,

Have found the company that can convert the headlights on a second series Ypsilon.

They are:-

AArrtt Ltd
One Berwick Courtyard
Berwick St Leonard
Salisbury
Wiltshire
SP3 5UA

T - 01747 820802
F - 01747 820033
enq@aarrtt.co.uk

regards

Simon
Ana

Unread post by Ana »

Simon,
Thank you so much for your help! You saved my day :)
I'll get in contact with them.
Best of luck
Ana
Mark Robbins

Unread post by Mark Robbins »

Hello,
AArrtt Ltd is my company, we import and modify only the series 2 Ypsilon (05 model year) and have no solutions for the series 1, sorry.

Please note that we can now supply an out-of-the-box solution for anyone wishing to import their own Ypsilon. We can provide a pair of modified headlamps, a new speedometer facia (the original one only displays kph) and details of how to switch the foglamps over to the correct side of the car. Also provided are details all of the relevant paperwork neccesary for the importation, payment of excise duty and of course how to obtain VCA type-approval.

For further information please feel free to contact me at m55rco@mac.com

Kindly also note that we have moved offices, our new contact details are as follows;

AArrtt Ltd
Springfield Barn
Sutton Veny
Warminster
Wiltshire
BA12 7AS
01985 841164

Anybody wishing to inspect the work we carry out are invited to visit us by appointment, we have a fully modified demonstration Ypsilon Platino available as well as a Bi-Colore Multijet Argento for sale that is currently undergoing it's modifications. This car should be ready for type-approval within the next week or so and will be offered for sale at £8750.00. Any respectful offer will be considered.

Regards to you all.
Mark Robbins.

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”