Lancia Ypsilon in the UK

Koen

Re: Lancia Ypsilon in the UK

Unread post by Koen »

Ana,
I don't know if this is really a permanent solution for the headlights for your Y, but in some shops they sell "adhesive" for the headlights. Left-hand drived cars from the continent need them when they visit Great-Brittain.
I found this on a dutch site : http://www.halfords.nl/NL/Auto/Catalog/ ... tId=302207

Good luck,

Koen
Brian Hilton

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

As you will see by my previous comment on this subject,
I Bought an Elefantino Rosso in 1999 in Rotterdam & personally imported it to the Uk.

There is no fix for the headlamp problem, as no right hand drive were ever produced & as the pattern is in the Glass (plastic) front lense it is not possible to alter anything inside the headlamp to overcome the problem.
As Simon has already said, if you don't want anyone to know, don't volunteer the information, use your imagination.
Beam Benders as suggested by Koen are not the answer as the UK constructions & Use regulations forbid it as a long term measure & strictly speaking it will not pass an MOT. however, all lot of garages who do the MOT Test are a lot more reasonable, & if the area of concern is masked off they will usually pass the car.

In 3 years ownership of my Elefantino I always set the headlamp adjustment wheel to it's lowest position, in this position I only had 1 person flash me in the course of my ownership, so it isn't a great problem.
The speedometer which legally should be MPH doesn't form part of the MOT & you soon get used to the equivelant speeds in Kph, however there is a company near Bristol who will in fact make you up an overlay for about £90, the downside is that they need your speedo asm for about 3 weeks, but to reiterate, I never found either the lights or the speedo a problem.

One thing you need to bear in mind, if you are bringing it in from the Continent for the first time & wish to register it in the UK, you must obtain the original certificate of conformity.& probably the original invoice showing the cost of the vehicle & all it's accesssories.
If buying one from someone in the Uk, make sure you getthe CofC and also the document proving that the VAT/ Taxes have been paid. Be very careful of buying one in the UK that isn't already registered in the UK, could be a lot of problems.

Brian
christian Holscher

Unread post by christian Holscher »

HI,
I am looking for a solution for the headlight situation as well. Until now the MOT was not such a problem, but now new regulations have come in that are a lot more stringent. Quite a pain.
Any suggestions? I am sure a lot of people have that problem.

thanks for your help

Christian

Return to “49 Ypsilon, Y10”