Engine oil cover - 16V engine

LCV

Engine oil cover - 16V engine

Unread post by LCV »

Hello,

as you will know it is very difficult to find this strange oil cover of the 16 V engine. The real problem is the gasket, we call it O-ring. The inner diameter is 26 mm, the material 4 mm strong. I was looking for such O-rings in a special shop. But the quality of stock-ware is not sufficient. Only up to 100° C could be a problem. Now I found a manufacturer who could produce such O-rings in the quality VITON (200° C and resistant against oil, fuel and acid). Because the minimum order is 100 pcs. I want to ask you if you are interested.
I could send 2 pcs. including tax and postage (Europe) for EUR 5,--. If I receive enough orders I could start it in January 2010. If you need more than 2 we can speak about the price.

Please send an e-mail to
Frank Dehler Lancia Club Vincenzo
il-lancista-lanciato@gmx.net

Thank you & best regards
Frank

PS. Do not send money already now.
Lancia Club Vincenzo - Int. Lancia Flaminia Register - Int. Lancia Thema Register - Eurovan 1 IG - SAAB-Freunde Südbaden
www.lancia-club-vincenzo.com
smokeme

Re: Engine oil cover - 16V engine

Unread post by smokeme »

cam cover gaskets are available from Fiat cheaply, i see no point in finding more expensive sources..
LCV

Unread post by LCV »

Hello,

maybe in the UK the Fiat dealers have it still on stock.

But in Germany it is not easy to order such things. Dealers say: Give your old vehicle to the shredder and buy a new one! As I heard the cover is no more available, the gasket not on stock.
The price for one gasket in Germany is nearly the same as for 2 with the much better material including postage. And you must visit your dealer twice. First to order, 2nd time to pick up the part. If you accept the normal material you better look in a special shop for technical rubber ware. Would be cheaper than Fiat. But regarding the Thema Turbo and the Integrale it cannot be wrong to use a better material.

BR Frank
Lancia Club Vincenzo - Int. Lancia Flaminia Register - Int. Lancia Thema Register - Eurovan 1 IG - SAAB-Freunde Südbaden
smokeme

Unread post by smokeme »

the same gasket is used on later cars like the coupe 16vt... there are very few parts for the thema that are no longer available from fiat, the chrome window surrounds are one of them as i found out...
LCV

Unread post by LCV »

Hello Smokeme,

as I already mentioned in my earlier post the spare parts situation in Germany* is horrible. And the quality of these gaskets was not very good. Therefore it was better to reproduce these gaskets but using a much better material. The other advantage:
The price for 2 of these reproduced gaskets including postage is the same as for one from Fiat (if they are ready to order it from the central stock).
We have ordered a special quantity and in the meantime all gaskets were sold. Before I can start a new action I need enough pre-orders.

Best regards
Frank

* In the UK there is no more official Lancia importer and they do not offer RHD. But in Germany we have the Lancia Deutschland. Nevertheless the sales are ridiculous. In July 2010 they sold 101 cars only. In our region we had 6 Lancia dealers (1995). 15 years after only one survived. But this one prefers to sell Fiat & IVECO. No Lancia in the showroom. You cannot expect any assistance from such dealers.

Return to “51 Thema”