My Thema does not like full accelerations

Chris

Re: My Thema does not like full accelerations

Unread post by Chris »

Well,

I know that yours is a 8V turbo, a problem I had under hard acceleration with my 16V turbo phase II was that the plenum chamber has an absolute pressure sensor to stop higher pressures being reached than the over boost. Lets call it a safety valve, only two wires going into it so change or make it open circuit to test.

When overtaking the car would splutter and shudder until I lifted the throtle, some "proffesional" had disconnected the full throtle switch "which gives a timed overboost" and connected the plenum chamber absolute sensor and vica versa.

Only found out after tracing the wiring diagrams as the connection plugs are the same colour and fit, swapped both back and all okay. These are located at the back and centre top of the engine bay.

Hope this helps you or someone.

Chris
Anastasio

Unread post by Anastasio »

Hello Lancia drivers

Miquel has a problem with his car.

Disconnecting wires by professionals is not the right way and other resolutions like this.

The only way to fix the problem is to go to a Lancia workshop connecting to computer and to see whats the failure.

i had a similar problem wit my turbo 16 v third series and it was broken a tube from an valve which goes to the intake manifold.
I ve fixed it after connected with Lancia computer the failure was "overboost strategy" failure.

Greetings
Anastasios
smokeme

Unread post by smokeme »

you are aware that only the S3 has error reporting capabilities, right? S1 and S2 versions the old Le2 jetronic stuff with no form of error reporting, no way to interface with a computer, the diagnostic machines used for them must be in a museum by now lol and even then they could only test sensor values and outputs on fuel ecu...

Return to “51 Thema”