Lancia Thema S3 16V Turbo oil cooler specs

Per

Lancia Thema S3 16V Turbo oil cooler specs

Unread post by Per »

Does anyone know the specs of this oil cooler? Flow rate etc..

Mine is busted and a new stock one is hideously expensive so I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket, but I'd prefer one with similar specs (apart from number of rows and size).
iain ambrose

Re: Lancia Thema S3 16V Turbo oil cooler specs

Unread post by iain ambrose »

When you say busted do you mean the pipes have started leaking?
Per Anders

Unread post by Per Anders »

Well, the hoses/pipes are definetly leaking, or well, more like seriosuly sweating really :-) The cooler has been hit by something though and has a dent in the front (approx. center), when it got it the brackets and stuff also got knocked about so it's a bit wiggly. Besides that it's anything but pleasing to the eye. Normally that wouldn't matter so much but since I'm a turning into a complete freak when it comes to restoring this car, I'd like a new one that's guaranteed to work properly + looks real nice.

I've seen some nice alu ones for around £40 which are approx the same size (a bit shorter horizontally but with one more row vertically). Thing is, I don't really know much about oil coolers.. I'm just assuming the flow rate etc. must be fairly similar to get the oil circulating at the right speed...
iain ambrose

Unread post by iain ambrose »

I would seriously advise against driving a Thema with a leaky oil cooler.
I had one burst on me whilst doing 85mph on the motorway!
It's pant soiling stuff looking at your dash to see zero oil pressure and the red oil light on.
Lucky for me I saw it soon enough, dumped the clutch, jumped to the hard shoulder and turned it all off.
I would have a word with Neil at NJS (UK 01386555523) as he's very clued up about Thema's and would also be able to source any other parts you might need.
Per

Unread post by Per »

Yeah I know :-).

No danger of me driving the old girl anywhere, she'll be stuck over my garage pit for months to come thanks to the ever increasing restoration project I've started :-) Damn, I'm starting to realise why government projects always end up being more expensive than first stated!

Thanks, if I can't figure it out for myself I'll give him a call..

Return to “51 Thema”