16V Thema Turbo - speedo/fan not working

Deon

16V Thema Turbo - speedo/fan not working

Unread post by Deon »

Hi Guys

I have a '93 16V Thema Turbo (propably one of the last models before the LS came out) and the fan inside the car is not working at all. Any suggestions on where to start fault finding?

The temp control is working because when driving and incr the temp it works as well as when switching the a/c on , but no fan.

I do have an extra climate control unit to swop it with, but have not done so. Fuses also okay.

The speedo is also not functioning , not registering speed and mileage at all. Everything else on cluster working. Any suggestions to start fault finding?

The cluster has a voltage guage instead of the oil pressure guage as on the older models. Would have prefered the oil pressure guage though. I have a spare speed sensor for the gearbox and another cluster to swop and see if it helps , but the other cluster has an oil pressure guage. Will have to check if the plugs are the same on the clusters.

The car is also a bit jerky when the 2nd valve for the overboost should be functioning I suspect(in higher rev range). Thought of bridging both valves onto the 1st switch at the throttle to get max boost early in the rev range. Any suggestions? Anyone tried it before?

Any suggestions would be welcome even if you have not had similar problems before.

Deon
mike

Re: 16V Thema Turbo - speedo/fan not working

Unread post by mike »

Deon

Look at the "New Technical Tips" on the website of the Lancia Thema & Dedra Consortium (www.lancia-tdc.co.uk). I wrote an article there about fault diagnosis on the Auto Heating System.

Unlikely to be climate control unit in my experience.

Speedo - could be the sender, but I'd guess that it is the speedo gauge. These can be removed as individual items so if you can get a new instrument cluster you can swap the speedo's over. Its a relatively simple operation. Remember to reinsert the slender plastic strip that goes between the speedo and the central cluster of 4 instruments.

Finally, join the Thema Dedra Consortium and you'll get access to a mountain of cheap spares. See the website for details.

Return to “51 Thema”