Need help : Injection makes me crazy... ;-)

Holger

Need help : Injection makes me crazy... ;-)

Unread post by Holger »

Hi,
my ´92 Turbo 16v LX (177hp) is going to drive me mad...the engine stops running from time to time. If i pull out the fuse "fuel pump" it´s going to run after starting a while and hold down the throttle ap. in the middle. Now putting the fuse in, it stops again. And if it runs normaly, and i move the wiring "airflow meter / lambda sond / temp sensor" a little (!) bit, ist also stops. I checked the wiring and could not see any damage on it.

Any ideas?

Does anybody have a "checkingguide" for the injection ?
Many, many thanks ;-)

Holger
Angle Grinder

Re: Need help : Injection makes me crazy... ;-)

Unread post by Angle Grinder »

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the fuel pump runs with the fuse removed. This should not be possible, but maybe I have misunderstood and the car is only running for a few seconds with the fuse removed.

If that is the case then the fuel pump is just running for a few seconds to build up fuel pressure as it is designed to do when the ignition key is turned to the first position.

I think that you may have a problem with the "Speed switch relay" which is located in the cluster of relays that are mounted beside the battery. The speed switch controls the fuel cut-off function when the car does not need fuel (e.g. deceleration). Check the contacts of the relays, I think the speed switch is blue and has part no. 0.280.230.006.

If the car runs for more than a few seconds without the fuel pump fuse then someone has butchered your wiring loom!!!Holger wrote:
>
> Hi,
> my ´92 Turbo 16v LX (177hp) is going to drive me mad...the
> engine stops running from time to time. If i pull out the
> fuse "fuel pump" it´s going to run after starting a while
> and hold down the throttle ap. in the middle. Now putting the
> fuse in, it stops again. And if it runs normaly, and i move
> the wiring "airflow meter / lambda sond / temp sensor" a
> little (!) bit, ist also stops. I checked the wiring and
> could not see any damage on it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Does anybody have a "checkingguide" for the injection ?
> Many, many thanks ;-)
>
> Holger
Holger

Re: Need help : Injection makes me crazy... ;-)

Unread post by Holger »

Hi,
the problem seems to be solved (a plug / temp. sensor losed the contact). And yes, ist´s possible, the engine is running without the fuse. Try it, hold the rpm @ app. 3-4000 , and the take the fuse out...don´t know why, but my Alfa V6 also does...

b.r.
H.

Return to “51 Thema”