8.32 Coolant Hose

kevin

8.32 Coolant Hose

Unread post by kevin »

Hi all,

I have a Thema 8.32 with radiator coolant top hose that has split depositing coolant into engine bay. I need a replacement hose and have tried my local motor factors( UK) to no avail, I suspect this is a fiat dealer only item now? I lost coolant very rapidly and stopped the car immediatly. I have bandaged the split and on start up noticed the heater not outputing any heat?Any ideas?Where to get part rapidly and whether there may be some other problem with coolant system?

regards
kevin
Angle Grinder

Re: 8.32 Coolant Hose

Unread post by Angle Grinder »

Have you tried contact the Thema & Dedra Consortium about the part www.lancia-tdc.co.uk?

I would have had to have abandoned my Thema ages ago if it wasn't for their support.

If you are not getting any heat from the heater its either because you have
1) not filled the coolant up enough,
2) have an airlock in the coolant system that needs to be bleed off,
3) or worst case scenario the engine got cooked when it lost coolant and the cylinder head gasket has failed, but you would soon know about this as the coolant would start to have mayonnaise in it and the engine would start overheating.
Brian Hilton

Re: 8.32 Coolant Hose

Unread post by Brian Hilton »

At Lancia Motor Club track day at Goodwood earlier this year, an 8.32 had the same problem as yourself with the hose splitting & dumping the coolant, not having a spare we went into Chichester, from Halfords we obtained a universal radiator hose plus worm drive clips, a exhaust replacement garage cut us a piece of an old exhaust down pipe about the right diameter, using these parts & the good section of hose that was left, a temporary repair was made. Rather than leave the taped hose repair why no try something like this until the correct part can be obtained, but using a piece of metal pipe with swages added to stop any chance of the hoses pulling off. I would think a radiator repairer could supply a suitable pipe such as fitted to the top & bottom of a radiator.

Brian

Return to “51 Thema”