Close to nervous breakdown -blood pressure 200/120!

P. de R. Leclercq

Re: Close to nervous breakdown -blood pressure 200/120!

Unread post by P. de R. Leclercq »

Thanks very much Pol, I'll have a look at it.

Paul
neil

Unread post by neil »

Soory Paul,
cannot remember what I did with the runners ( I know I had that problem) - maybe I took them out, I cetainly remember, like you it tested my patience.
My Fanalone is now completly stripped and with the coachbuilders for new sills and a few other smaller repairs to the shell, then on to be painted. I should get a complete "new" shell back in a couple of months then on to the mechanical rebuild. My father is off for two weeks touring in France in the Aurelia next week with a friend, so that is still earning it's living - it spent last weekend being thrashed up Prescott which was good fun !
Hope things are good with you - sorry my memory cannot help with your problem

Neil
smokeme

Unread post by smokeme »

Mine's been reliable, build it right the first time it's torn apart. I've even redone the whole electrics...just to be safe.

Engine/chassis wise the Thema is amazing :-)
P. de R. Leclercq

The Thema is a good car.

Mine has done 168000 miles, head never off, original cat, turbo, gearbox etc.. Lived outside for years, on small rusty bit on rear wheel arch.

And for 167000 of them the driver's window worked!

Paul
david hanson

Unread post by david hanson »

I'd have to agree. I have had 2 1989 Thema turbo 8v's - one has 250,000km other one did die at 390,000km (shouldn't have put it on the race track - oil surge!)
Both have had some electric window issues. Switches - say no more. Broken plastic bits (once) both have managed to tear the mounting bolts for the rear channel through the metal - have a close look at yours, I'm sure you will see cracks (at least).
The SAAB window mechanism is quite different from that of the 8v, at least. Not sure of the later (S3) models.
I have tons of spares - pulled the broken one apart for bits - but I'm probably a bit too far away for most on the forum (I'm in New Zealand where you'd be hard pressed to find someone who knows what a Lancia is!)
Pol

Unread post by Pol »

Guy's,

I was rather joking with the 'speed' part of the quote, i thought anyone who drives a Lancia likes a speedy car.
I owned 4 lancia's of wich 2 thema's we still drive daily: a 1990 S2 16V with 220 000kms wich i own 11 years and a '94 16Vturbo with 200 000kms. My previous turbo16V had 280 000kms, it ran OK untill it was wrecked in a crash.
I drive Lancia's for about the last 15 years and had no major problems whatsoever.
When i tell my friends, family or colleagues what a superb, reliable car the thema is, nobody believes it and they all make fun of my 'italian rubbish'.

Pol
Luke

Unread post by Luke »

as we are bragging about milage, my thema as 397000 Kms, i've bought it from the first owner this month, the engine was rebuilt 20000 kms ago, nice solid car with only some minor cuffs on the seats, the car is a '90 S2 16V Turbo

anyone has a similar milage car? :)
P. de R. Leclercq

Interesting, thanks.

On my car the front mechanisms are different from those of the rear.

At the front there is a white plastic support, that slots onto another plastic bit that appears to be integral with the lifting mechanism. This must be slotted on (upside down) before being forced onto the bottom of the window where a little tit mates with a hole near the bottom of the glass. It the section with the tit that snapped on mine.

And that's when the trouble began!

Paul
Pol

Unread post by Pol »

Luke wrote:
>
> as we are bragging about milage, my thema as 397000 Kms
>
> anyone has a similar milage car? :)

Most i ever had was a citroën with 300 000kms, you win.
Rick

Unread post by Rick »

Why don't you buy/order a new "pathetic white plastic thingy "?

@ Lancia they can deliver you only a new window mechanism (rather expensive),
but @ Fiat they can deliver you a "pathetic white plastic thingy ".
You need to order one off the fiat croma, parts number is 46411624!
Costs you a few euro's and you're done!
They last a few years and then they'll break again!

Good Luck!

Return to “51 Thema”