Thema Shocks.

Fintan

Thema Shocks.

Unread post by Fintan »

Hi Everyone,

Im currently looking for replacement shocks.
Are Saab 9000 shocks the same?
My car is a16v VIS with standard suspension.

Fintan
kassus

Re: Thema Shocks.

Unread post by kassus »

hi

you have a very good option at koni catalog (red or yellows shocks) they are expensive, 800 - 900 € so its a great chance. i also install hr springs (-3.5 cm) and the result was simply great although my cas was equipped with automatic suspension

definetly a great improvement at dynamic performance and grip

regards
per

Unread post by per »

You should also be able to use Bilstein B4 Gas shocks.. They've got a good reputation and are almost half the price of Koni's (well, atleast here in Norway). I'm sure they're not as sporty, but I guess it depends on what kind of driving you do :)

Here's the link to Bilstein's online catalogue: http://katalog.bilstein.de/
Fintan

Unread post by Fintan »

Thanks guys for your Information.
Im in Ireland so parts are generally expensive.
Does anyone know if Saab 9000 Suspension parts are interchangable?

Fintan
david hanson

Unread post by david hanson »

I think that the SAAB 9000 front shocks are the same as the Thema (as are FIAT Croma and Alfa 164).
However the SAAB uses completely different rear suspension to the others so the rear shocks are probably different.
Dian

Unread post by Dian »

I am using Monroe gas shocks. They are 70€ piece, in Serbia.
c295296

Unread post by c295296 »

It's true.---saab9000,alfa164(in taiwan name 168),fiat croma .all type 4 member were the same front suspension structure but not the same damping.
Basically you can choose those anyone to replace thema part.after that you need a good garage to adjust a good front wheel position.
Michael McCann

Unread post by Michael McCann »

Hello Fintan,I know that was an old posting you made and this is not a reply about shocks.I live in Ireland too and maybe I can help you with parts generally as I have some.Michael

Return to “51 Thema”